H1 Visa Refusal 221(g) Chennai Consulate

Abdul Raquib

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My H1 Visa has been refused under section 221(g) at Chennai Consulate on 7th Nov 06, I was given a case number ,today it is 13th Nov, the case number is not showing up on the case list at the chennai consulate website, usually, it is updated every Monday and Wednesday, what surprises me is that, the case numbers suceeding my number are showing up,

my questions:
1) Does the consulate update the numbers serially or random.
2) Should I contact the consulate to ask why the case number not showing up? or just wait.

Please advice.

THanks,
Raquib

I was not given any specific reason why the H1 was rejected, I was given a pink slip stating visa process suspended further administrative processing under section 221(g), last week my case number showed up in PENDING PROGRESS state.

Can any one suggest how to distinguish my case my name check / fingerprint / employer verification?

My wife and son are both in US alone, I came here on emergency trip due to my Mom's death.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Raquib

Sorry to hear that. Very unfortunate :(

Your visa is not refused but is delayed.

The Visa Officer could and should have told you about the reason for additional processing. However, what ever the type may be, it doesn't make any difference. You just have to hope and pray for the best. Most likely it appears your case would be for Name check... Abdul will have so many matches :(

contact the consulate

I had the same issue, my case number didn't show up for almost 6 weeks, I sent an email with the passport and number and they gave me the correct case number.

The original case number was wrong!

Hi,
I have also the same issue.But i have been given a yellow form with section 221G objection and same thing as been mentioned.I have not been given any case number.Do you know what is the colur of form indiactes.

Ahmer

Sorry Ahmer,
I haven't heard of yellow slip for admin process, I got my case status updated to last friday (DEC 1st) to SENT PPT, I am not sure if this means gaurenteed visa, I have dropped the Passport at VFS chennai, waiting for the visa.