H1 Visa problem..pls help me

kavya123

Hi,
I was on H4 visa and got my h1 visa approval in october.During that time,i went to inda and returned with out taking H1 stamping.Later, with out any problem i came back to US in November.Now,before 5 weeks I applied for SSN and till now i didn't get any update on my SSn.When i went to local SSN office, they told that they don't have any updates from homeland security.
Now I took visa appoinment in canada on feb4th 2007 as i got doubt that my new I-94 didn't match with the I-94 on my H1 which had been approved before i go to india.Please help me in clearing my doubts.
1. What will happen if i don't go for stamping in canda?
2. What will happen if i go for staming and get rejected?
3. Is there any amendment i can take here (In US)only with out going for stamping to canda?
Please help and mail me if needed to kavyaambati@yahoo.com

If you are working in USA right now you are working illegally.

Since you entered with H4 that is your status now, You will either have to go to a consulate abroad and get H1 stamp or else apply for COS based on approved petition. But it is possible that you might have trouble now because several months have passed since your H1 approval.

I know H4 is not allowed to work.

Can we apply SSN with only H1B petition doc. i mean without show the H1b stamp to the SSN office ?

or

in other word, can a person get SSN with his/her older visa stamp which show that he/she isn't eligible to work, in this case by show H4 stamp and show change of status doc ?

Thank for clarifying.