H1 visa issuance in India

Muddy

Registered Users (C)
I am US permanent resident and my wife (Canadian Immigrant) is planing to attend for H1 visa in Mumbai. She is a Canadian Immigrant and came to US on H1 document, since Canadian residents don\'t need VISA to come to USA. She has been working in US for last 2 years! and her H1 is valid, employer is willing to extend H1.

What is the success rate of H1 visa in Indian consulate?
Does anyone know recent rejections for H1 visa? and if so, what was the reason?

Has H1 visa success rate changed after Sept 11th.

Hi Muddy I have a similar situation...

Both My wife and I are canadaian PRs from India, my question is
1) Has your wife entered the US showing just the I-797 approval notice for H1 and the Can PR landing paper ?
2) Also do the Indian exit control immigration and the airlines know of this rule and let you board easily ?

thanks

TCN cases are a completely different statistic.

However, which country your spouse\'s degree and experiences are from? Mumbai consulate can say that a non Indian degree and non Indian/ Non US experience are not quantifiable by them in Mumbai.
See ttsvisas.com to find more info about mumbai consulate. As a TCN your spouse might even be required to get a prior appointment.

In asnwer to your Qs..take all docs...

original degree certs and transcripts
I-129 certified copy + edu eval
I-797 original + paystubs + recent employment letter
draft + photo
I think it should be done without any problems...I am planning to do the same next week.

simialr situation

We came from India to Canada. Then we to US after a while. We just showed I-797 and Canadian PR landing paper, we were all set.

When we came from India, they would just need to know about the Canadian landing papers. We had no problems. If you have Canadian landing papers, you are good.

Re: TCN cases are a completely different statistic

My wife is also from India and she has Masters from India. She has 6 months Canadian exp also and 1 year experience in India (infact that company is currently shutdown!).

I greatly appreciate your responses!

Re: take all the docs

Good Luck to you.

I greatly appreciate your responses! Please share your experience, it will be useful for us.

Thanks

so you took a canadian flight and then came to the US

I wanted to know if you can take a US flight from India , show the canadaian PR papers and you are allowed to board the plane.

I don\'t know

They may let you board the plane, if you have connecting flight to Canada via US.
Basically before boarding they will check your Visa and since you don\'t have one for US, it will be difficult to get in US flight.
1) If you have H1 and Canadian Immigration (landed in Canada) then I don\'t think you should have big problem getting in US. Again after Sept. 11, I am not sure how things have changed!
2) Have you ever landed in Canada? They may let you in US, in case you prove you have base in Canada and you would return to Canada.
3) I would highly recommend to get visa in India, while you are in India you can give it a shot. In my knowledge, H1 visa\'s are rarely rejected.
Once again, I don\'t have very latest information. Hopefully someone with latest information will also reply to your questions.

thanks...I have landed and then been to canada 5-6 times.

but I will get the H1 visa thanks once again