H1 Visa Experience Chennai Consulate

re:

Jim.
could u please elaborate. how do i know what the prevailing wage is and what is the amount being paid to other people .do i have to get the higher of the two figures

I140helppls said:
lohith.
aren't the LCA wages the prevailing wage for labor cert. and this is the wage we need to be paid after GC.
H1B wage is different i guess.
can u pls explain.

LCA refers to wages for H1-B(temp) petition. LC refers to wages for GC(perm) which are future employment. Usually, LCA (H/L temp visa) are higher than LC (GC) wages.

If your employer doesn't pay LCA(H/L visa) wages while working on H/L then it is violation of rules for displacing american with temp foreign worker.

Hi

Hi All,

Anybody going for visa interview this month ?

PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE. Also please give the covering letter sample.

1. Did they ask technical Questions ? (in IT)
2. Need to submit the present office photograph?
3. Need to submit the Income Tax papers?

What are the Qs they actually asked?

Kindly update the site after your interview.

Thanks.

niroshan95 said:
Hi All,

Anybody going for visa interview this month ?

PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE. Also please give the covering letter sample.

1. Did they ask technical Questions ? (in IT)
Tech skills-- that's the last thing consulate bothers...... :)
2. Need to submit the present office photograph?
If your company is small, H1 dependant and showed losses before. questionable/doubts of virtual office or under staffed like one man company..... :rolleyes:
3. Need to submit the Income Tax papers?
MUST. Consulate makes decision solely on company tax returns and your tax returns/W2/pay-stubs for possible LCA violations.... VERY STRICT... NO EXCEPTIONS... :mad:

What are the Qs they actually asked?

Kindly update the site after your interview.

Thanks.

Thanks Lohith,

2. The company where I work is very genuine one and also there are abotu 75 employees (Quiet small, compared to TCS, Infosys, right?).

3. Tax papers, means applicant's or Present employer's or the H1B Sponsor company Taxt returns? My present salary is well within the Tax limit, for which I no need to pay. PLEASE EXPLAIN ABOUT THIS.

Thank you once again

niroshan95 said:
Thanks Lohith,

2. The company where I work is very genuine one and also there are abotu 75 employees (Quiet small, compared to TCS, Infosys, right?).

You don't need to submit Company's financials unless consulate requests them. I guess, labor Dept. sends data to consulates based on complaints or bad track-record of not paying salaries to H1 workers or delinquent of IRS dues.

3. Tax papers, means applicant's or Present employer's or the H1B Sponsor company Taxt returns? My present salary is well within the Tax limit, for which I no need to pay. PLEASE EXPLAIN ABOUT THIS.

Atleast, you should submit your Y03 tax returns or W2 and latest pay-stubs to prove that you are getting paid. check LCA of your H1 to see your current salary is matching.

Thank you once again

emailraja said:
Has anyone so far been successful in getting an H1 stamp at Chennai for a 7th year extension?
I got it stamped in 04/2003. your latest Tax returns/W2/ pay-stubs... MUST..

Hi all

Hi all
Please help me here

I have couple of unique queries, Please help

1. First, my H1 was stamped in May 2002 for 2 years till april 04 but I joined my company in October 2003 and they filed my extension in March which I got aprroved till 2007; my question is Can I go back to India and take a chance to get my extension stamped there, point to be noted are

1) I didnt get my State ID/ License because my I 94 was nt valid for 6 months
2) I have no W2 file for 3 months in 2003, because company never paid me and I wasnt aware if this is very important ,Will that make any difference in getting the Visa stamping again with extension papers?

2) Second, I gave my companys address in I94 when I landed, I chnaged my address in December but didnt informed INS or any respective department by Ar11 form. Is this something serious in GC process because my company is filing my GC

3) Third, Can I go to Canada/New Zealand without W2 to get my Visa stamped

Please reply and answer to extent you can

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
UniqueCase said:
Hi all
Please help me here

I have couple of unique queries, Please help

1. First, my H1 was stamped in May 2002 for 2 years till april 04 but I joined my company in October 2003 and they filed my extension in March which I got aprroved till 2007; my question is Can I go back to India and take a chance to get my extension stamped there, point to be noted are

1) I didnt get my State ID/ License because my I 94 was nt valid for 6 months
2) I have no W2 file for 3 months in 2003, because company never paid me and I wasnt aware if this is very important ,Will that make any difference in getting the Visa stamping again with extension papers?
Now, W2/Tax returns are must. Since u don't have, wait till you get 2004 W2 and file taxes for 2004. for 2003, just show tax returns..

2) Second, I gave my companys address in I94 when I landed, I chnaged my address in December but didnt informed INS or any respective department by Ar11 form. Is this something serious in GC process because my company is filing my GC
send again by certified mail and keep the receipt for evidense
3) Third, Can I go to Canada/New Zealand without W2 to get my Visa stamped
You can't get stamping from third country unless you have VALID Business reason...

Please reply and answer to extent you can

thanks

Unique experience at Chennai Consulate

Hello,

My friend is experiencing one of the strange and difficult experience with H1B stamping. He got his H1 approved and went to the Chennai Consulate for stamping in 2003. He submitted all his original transcripts, certificates, passport etal.. and was waiting for the response. But the carrier the consulate used said they lost all the documents. He submitted a police complaint, advertised on the paper etc. But documents were not to be found and finally he had to get them reissued at the school/boards where he studied.

As he didn't had the original approval petition he went with these set of new documents and was not listened to at the embassy. He got disappointed and lost all the hopes of getting stamped. Suddenly he received a letter in June 2004 from the consulate asking him to send all the documents requesting additional information from the company. The company promptly sent all the documents and he has now submitted it in September 1st week by mail.

Now the problem is he has not receieved any response from the consulate so far as its almost 6 weeks. My question is has any one faced such a situation. What can he do to get the status on his case. When ever he calls the consulate they ask him to wait and can't give any status or the timeline involved in either approving or rejecting the case. He has sent the originals again. He is very worried about his situation. Please advice.

Regards,
dmts

Correcting error in receipt number in appt confirmation for Chennai consulate for dec

I have a small problem with my appt receipt from tts: I made 2 simulateneous independent appts. for H1B visas for me and my wife from tts website for Dec. at Chennai. When I printed out the receipts, I noticed that the receipt number field (WAC number) in both came out the same (all other details are correct). Has anyone in this forum had experience with correcting such errors? Should I contact tts chennai's email address to fix this error or is there any other different process for fixing this error? I'd appreciate if anyone who had a similar experience in this forum could post how they fixed simiar issues in appt. details and how long it took, and whether it caused them any problems during the visa interview.

I'd also appreciate if folks who got their H1B visas recently from Chennai could post the list of documents that I need. I am going for an H1B visa and my wife is going for an F1-H1 stamping, both of us have US degrees and previous (expired) visa stamps in our passports.

You should contact TTS, but they say we cannot change the Approval details (register number, company details) and also Passport number. They would ask you to cancel the appointment and apply new,BUT contact tts as soon as possible. DONOT CANCEL THE APPOINTMENT by yourself, which may delay your wife's stamping.

I had the similar problem, that the passport expiry month i gave wrong, for that they asked me to send the passport copy by fax and also the letter duely signed by me.

I am not sure will they agree for the WAC numbers. PLEASE contact tts right now.

I also had a kind off similar problem with my appointment. I emailed the chennai consulate and they replied back saying that I need to mention about the correction on the day of the appointment.
HTH
ChennaiConsulate Email: ChennaiNIV@state.gov.

Going for H1 stamping in Chennai

Any one pls provide foll .info.

1. Sample cover letter for H1B stamping.

2.Let me know how many days it took for you to receive H1 stamped passport by courier .