H1 visa applied during change of H4 visa from Company A to Company B

tpk3576

Registered Users (C)
I have submitted a H1b application in July'04 via normal processing and waiting to receive it anytime after 1st of Oct'04. I am presently on a H4B visa with company A and now my husband is moving to company B. If we've to apply for my new H4 with company B, will my H1B application be rejected if my new H4 gets approved after I receive my H1. Please advise how to go ahead in this situation.

Appreciate your time.

tpk3576 said:
I have submitted a H1b application in July'04 via normal processing and waiting to receive it anytime after 1st of Oct'04. I am presently on a H4B visa with company A and now my husband is moving to company B. If we've to apply for my new H4 with company B, will my H1B application be rejected if my new H4 gets approved after I receive my H1. Please advise how to go ahead in this situation.

Appreciate your time.

The last action stands.

Let us know the expiry dates of your current visas and I-94s.

Our L visa stampings expired in June 2004, H stampings were not there on our passports as my husband moved from L to H in November 2003. Our I-94's are valid till May 2006.

since ur I-94 is valid till may 2006, u dont need to apply for new H4 with co. B as H4 is dependant on ur husband's status not on the company he works for.

My advice is wait for H1 approval and forget about H4 till 2006