H1 Transfer

digiden

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My H1 visa with Company 'A" expires on 10/DD/06. Company 'B' is willing to apply for my H1 transfer thru Premium Process. Regarding that, I have following questions:

1. What are the documents required for H1 company transfer?
2. Is transfer effected by the limitation of H1 Cap?
3. Is transfer possible while in USA or have to go to India?
4. How much time it takes to get approved if processed by premium process?

Thanks / Regards

digiden said:
Hi

My H1 visa with Company 'A" expires on 10/DD/06. Company 'B' is willing to apply for my H1 transfer thru Premium Process. Regarding that, I have following questions:

---------- all same documents that you submited for new H1 +recent pay stubs, ask the company lawyer he will give you list
---------no as you have H1
-----------better do it while in USA
-------------- from the date petition reach USCIS it may take 15-20 days+mail time
Thanks / Regards

---- Copy of your approval notice (I-797), pay stubs (generally 2-3 months preceding your application), I-129, LCA, certificates, I-94 etc. Please browse thru forums for a list of other documents to be submitted. People have submitted a host of documents depending on the case.

The employer 'B' should be able to tell you all the documents necessary for the transfer

----NO, you are already counted for the H1 cap previously

---- Yes, transfer is done while you are in USA. If you want you may go to India for H1 Visa stamping on your passport

---- Normally, within 15 days you will receive the receipt number, after that it takes 1-2 months for the approval notice by premium processing

Subramanya