H1-transfer premium processing

np_ut

Registered Users (C)
I am working for company A and have been with them on H-1 for last 3 years. I just got hired by compny B and they have applied for my H-1 transfer (premium processing)at the Vermont Center on 21st April but I have not received a notice yet. Attorneys confirmed that Fedex delivery was confirmed and accepted on 21st April 2006 How soon can I start working for compay B. Anyone in similar situation?
Comments/suggestion appreciated.

Thanks
NP

Last edited by a moderator:
np_ut said:
I am working for company A and have been with them on H-1 for last 3 years. I just got hired by compny B and they have applied for my H-1 transfer (premium processing)at the Vermont Center on 21st April but I have not received a notice yet. Attorneys confirmed that Fedex delivery was confirmed and accepted on 21st April 2006 How soon can I start working for compay B. Anyone in similar situation?
Comments/suggestion appreciated.

Thanks
NP

wait till may 15th, once you get receipt notice, you can start working for new company. i read somewhere that the VSC is backlogged in volume and should be cleared by middle of may.

crini,

thanks for ur advice. my application reached VSC on 04/21.. is there a way to know track it...or get a case number or something..

np_ut

np_ut said:
crini,

thanks for ur advice. my application reached VSC on 04/21.. is there a way to know track it...or get a case number or something..

np_ut

for 2007 H1-B quota, people start filing from April 1st 2006(6th months before), thats why there was heavy filing in April, hence the delay in the receipt notices, don't worrry....

This is from another website

4/28/2006: Bi-Specialization (140 & 129) and Frontlog for Two Weeks

* USCIS has announced that due to the heavy filing of I-140 and I-129 bi-specialization cases in the first week of April 2006, the petitioners are currently experiencing delays in receiving Receipt Notices for over two weeks. USCIS intends to bring the front-end processing of these petitions to "current" by mid-May 2006.
* Those who need the Receipt Notices for H-1B portability or a driver license application renewal before mid-May 2006 may have to file Premium Processing Request as the USCIS is processing the PPS petitions within 15 days and the Receipt Notices are processed and mailed out as usual.

reg Receipt number

Hi ,

In my case H1Transfer(Premium) was filed to Nebraska in 1st week of April instead of Vermont hence there was delay and INS returned whole package to employer saying that check has two be divided into two checks and they have send it back.So all who are noticing more than 20 days delay ..plz contact employer also to see whats going on..
More more thing HR forgot to put edu eval in the pkg of my H1 file...what should we do ...should we send edu eval in a seperate mail now today or should wait if INS asks it.My transcripts are there in H1 file but edu eval is missing.PLz suggest

pl/sql,

when was it sent back to VSC... i think transcripts from US univeristy should be fine....what does the attorney say...

np_ut

My H-1B transfer application Premium processing was sent on 27th Apr 2006 via Fedex. How long should I wait to get receipt notice ? Premium processing takes 15 days to make a decision on the application so can I still expect the decision in another 7 days ? today is 8th day since my transfer application was filed.

desiruben,

mine was filed on 21st april. (H-1 transfer premium). i havent heard anything yet..
I am thinking that the receipt and approval will both come in with 15 days..

let me know if u hear anyhting next week...

np_ut

np_ut, in your case 15 days are up. and you have not received the receipt number ? I think You should start calling service center and ask for 1000 $ refund. they should return the fees and still process your case as premium.
my current employer filed for renewal on 18 th Apr and the receipt date is 19th (already got the receipt notice). the receipt notice came in 5 days but for my transfer petition, we have not heard from the service center (I am wonderng, My renewal application was filed at VSC but the receipt notice came from CSC )

I ll keep you posted if you get your notice , let me know.

Waiting for H1- Filed on JULY 28 2005

I applied for a H1 at VSC on July-28-2005. I have NOT got the approval as of today April 05 2006, (it is 9 months now)

I upgraded it to premimum processing on March 1st 2006 , ie more than a month ago.

I have not received any information from VSC. When I call the VSC they tell me it is in process.

VSC has not requested for any RFE nor has it told me the reason for the delay.

What are the possibilites why is it delayed. What are things I can do about it.

guys,

once the application is sent lawyers receive a confirmation email saying the application was received. Have anyone of ur attornys received that email....

np_ut

As of Friday, May 5th I did not hear from my lawyer. for my renewal application, the email came on 5th day with receipt number and actual receipt came in mail after 8 days. today is 8th day since my transfer and have not got anything.

btw, my renewal and transfer both are in progress. got receipt number for renewal application. does that mean I am safe ? my I-94 expires on 12 th may

np_ut, have you received your receipt number yet ? I have not .its 10th day today since my transfer application filed (premium) :(

desireuben
no. net yet.. iam really worried now...
were u able to find out if your checks were encashed...

np_ut I just checked with my lawyer, we did received the receipt notice email and the actual receipt is not yet received in mail. will update on situation regularly.

np_ut said:
desireuben
no. net yet.. iam really worried now...
were u able to find out if your checks were encashed...
:confused:

just wanted to update, my renewl is approved today. A fax from USCIS just arrived.
Reciept Date: April 24 2006
Notice Date: May 9, 2006