H1 transfer - Immediately after arriving in US

zackpatel2000

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

* Is it possible to apply for H1 transfer without ever having worked for company on whose H1 one has arrived in US?

* Is there a time-limit that is advisable (30 days?) within which to apply for H1 transfer after arriving in US (without ever having worked for inital company)?

* As there will be no pay-stubs, would this be an issue while filing for H1 transfer?

Please Advise.

Thanks,
Patel

read on..

1) you can try.
2) earlier the better...you dont want to be out of status for long..if you enter the USA on an H1 visa..you are expected to start working for that company within 15 days ( atleast that was what I was told 5 yrs ago by my company's lawyer..so they skipped paying me for 1 pay period)
3) it very well could be..could you get a new H1 filed with premium porcessing and get another visa ..that would be the best way out.

thank you tt tt.

* Has anyone transferred H1 from initial employer without ever having paystubs from him?

* Any other people with experience/comments on this?

Please Advise.

Thanks,
Patel

Yes..my friend did that..

even under the threat of a lawsuit from my previous employer !
However this was in 1998 and I am not sure if he got a H1-H1 done or went out and got a new visa all over. But I have had to do 2 H1-H1 transfers and each time last 2 months paystubs were requried.