H1 transfer and new H4

H4Query

Hi

I recently changed my employer from A to B and have got approval notice for company B. However, my passport still has the old stamp of company A valid till mid next year. In the meantime I need to apply for H4 for my wife who is in India and have questions regarding same.

1) For getting a H4 (new) for my wife do i require the new H1 from company B be stamped on my passport or just the approval notice of company B and the photocopy of a valid visa on my passport from company A will be acceptable?

2) If anyone has applied for h4 recently at mumbai consulate please update with the current situation. How much time is it taking for the process including interviews?

Thanks

I recently changed my employer from A to B and have got approval notice for company B. However, my passport still has the old stamp of company A valid till mid next year. In the meantime I need to apply for H4 for my wife who is in India and have questions regarding same.

1) For getting a H4 (new) for my wife do I require the new H1 from company B be stamped on my passport or just the approval notice of company B and the photocopy of a valid visa on my passport from company A will be acceptable?
------- Many consulates in India don’t need H1 visa to be stamped in Passport for the primary applicant, but at this time they are asking lot of documents that you can find in the threads, you should send all your passport pages including blank pages and new H1 approval notice along with all the required documents for H4 Visa stamp
2) If anyone has applied for h4 recently at mumbai consulate please update with the current situation. How much time is it taking for the process including interviews?

-------- I have read one post that Bombay consulate does not need that primary H1 holder should have new H1visa to be stamped in passport (you have the valid Visa in your PP through company A) your new H1 approval notice of company B should be enough. Your spouse may have to appear at the consulate for Interview, if every document is fine she may be issued visa same day. Read the other posts related to Bombay US consulate or visit Mumbai US consulate site for more info