H1 tranfer from University(non-profit) to commercil (profit)

sahadeva

> I have some questions concerning my H1B processing.
>
> I did post-doc in one of the US university. I am currently on a H1B status with a University (non-profit) and
> my new employer which is a commerical company (profit organization) is above to
> apply for my H1B conversion. As cap for this FY is reached can I apply based on my post-doc experience in US, under the catagory ment for US degree holders (i.e 20000).

sahadeva said:
> I have some questions concerning my H1B processing.
>
> I did post-doc in one of the US university. I am currently on a H1B status with a University (non-profit) and
> my new employer which is a commerical company (profit organization) is above to
> apply for my H1B conversion. As cap for this FY is reached can I apply based on my post-doc experience in US, under the catagory ment for US degree holders (i.e 20000).

Yes, you are qualified for the additional 20,000 visas allocated for masters' higher degree holders from a U.S. university. Also, you can start working for the new employer immediately upon approval and do not have to wait until October 1, 2005.

I have a question regarding this statement. Is post doc experience in a US university considered as a degree?
Please post your experience in this matter. Were you able to utilize this ruling and move to a profit organization?
Thanks in advance.

ritu9 said:
I have a question regarding this statement. Is post doc experience in a US university considered as a degree?
Please post your experience in this matter. Were you able to utilize this ruling and move to a profit organization?
Thanks in advance.

I don't see how experience is a degree. In any event, the 20,000 set aside for holders of US Masters degrees has been reached.