H1 to L1 Pls help..

brkr25

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I came to US on H1 from company A.
As soon as I came here, company A started my conversion from H1 to L1. Meanwhile I applied for H1-to H1 transfer from company B and started working for them. Company B's H1 transfer is approved.
After 2 weeks of company B's H1 transfer Approval, Company A's L1 is approved...
could someone please let me know if I am okay with the company B's H1 transfer as I am currently working with them...............

PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE STATUS THAT I AM HAVING CURRENTLY..

Appreciate your suggestion..

whichever approved later will dictates your status.
Since COS to L1 was approved later, your current status is L1.

Hi
Thanx for that.
Also can you pls clarify me on these.

So is it legal to work for comp B??
If not, what should I do with respect to my petition to work with comp B???

Suggest me.

I appreciate your help in this once again.

Thanx.

It is not considered legal as B is not L1 sponsor.
You(B) need to file change of status to H1.

Hi,
Thanks for that.
But my situatoin is this,
I donot have any details of my L1 that was approved (neither the receipt number nor the I797...), just have the info that it has been approved and I am in the situation where I cannot contact them for any of the above details.

Its been 2 months now that I have been workng for company B and and I have started working for them even before my L1 has got approved.

I am just wondering on the status.

Please suggest me something on this

Thanks.

H1 to L1 Pls help???

Is it possible ti file a petition to cancel my L1, so that my status remains in H1 only???

I don't think so. You just lose L1 status when you cancelled L1, but it does not mean you automatically change to other status.

Sorry for this...I am new to this site...Can anyone please let me know how can post a new query in this forum????

All help appreciated.

Thanks
Raman