H1 to F1

saagar

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your help. Here's a brief summary of my situation: I am currently on H1. My I-140 was approved (early 2005) at my previous job. And I-485 wasn't filed.

Subsequently, I left things as-is, moved to a different job and have not started the GC (not even LC) with the new company. I am now a considering going as a full-time student and hence will be seeking CoS to F-1. Any thoughts on how risky my situation is? Would USCIS buy the argument that since I haven't filed GC at new company, I have no current immigrant intent?

-saagar

For COS from H1 to F1, within US you no need to worry about immigrant indent or not. Just show you financial for entire coures with liquid cash you will get your F1 changed with in US.
-------------------------------------------------------------

saagar said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for your help. Here's a brief summary of my situation: I am currently on H1. My I-140 was approved (early 2005) at my previous job. And I-485 wasn't filed.

Subsequently, I left things as-is, moved to a different job and have not started the GC (not even LC) with the new company. I am now a considering going as a full-time student and hence will be seeking CoS to F-1. Any thoughts on how risky my situation is? Would USCIS buy the argument that since I haven't filed GC at new company, I have no current immigrant intent?

-saagar