H1 to F1 to H1 visa transfer

narendula25

Registered Users (C)
I was on H1b for 2 years and had my h1b visa revalidated from St louis till sept 2006, but in 2004aug i transferred from h1 to f1 status from INS vermont and currently holds F1 status.Now my question is I am done with my studies and so moving to h1b again and i want to travel to india on new h1, do i need to get new visa or can i use my old visa which is in my passport and valid till 2006 sept(H1B) or is it cancelled, can someone answer my question?

narendula25 said:
hi guru's ..I was on H1b for 2 years and had my h1b visa revalidated from St louis till sept 2006, but in 2004aug i transferred from h1 to f1 status from INS vermont and currently holds F1 status.Now my question is I am done with my studies and so moving to h1b again and i want to travel to india on new h1, do i need to get new visa or can i use my old visa which is in my passport and valid till 2006 sept(H1B) or is it cancelled, can someone answer my question?]

F1 valid, H1 invalid

As far as I understand, when you were issued the F1, your H1 was no longer valid. So even though your H1 visa expiry date is in 2006, techically it is invalid as you changed your status. Now you are in F1 status and thats the only visa valid for you.

Hope this helps!