H1 Stamping

NachiappanM

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I applied for my extension and I got it. Later on I sent my Passport for stamping, it is been almost 12 weeks since I sent it. My problem is I have to go to India for my marriage on Jan'23rd, I thought I would get my passport back within Dec'03 but still I haven't got it.
I asked my attorney and she said that we can't ask INS for my passport or status, she said that i have no other option then just waiting till I get my passport.
Is it true or Is there a way to get my passport back? so that I can go to Chennai and get the stamping.

Thanks,
Nachi

BCIS(st louis/dc) has a fax number for emergency. Send a fax stating that you need to travel urgently and they will return your passport...
check their website for the number.

Meow

Whats is your mailing date and how did you send it ? did you use fedex and include a return envelope ? Your application does not go to INS/BCIS . It goes to Department of state which is in St. Louis . They take 15 to 35 days to transfer your file to DC . Filed recd in DC on Sept 29 th are currently being processed . There is a phone no to contact DC and find out when they received your application .

NachiappanM,

Your attorney is a proper bi***. She may be doing it due to your employer. You can withdraw anytime. It can take upto 15 days to get it back.

However visit revalidation trackers before you decide to withdraw.

Also try to find out your DC date - it can give you a fair idea as to when can you get it back!

Thanks

Hi Guys,

It is a great relief after hearing that I could get my passport back, thanks guys for all your replies.
Actually I did send my passport to st.louis. I sent it thru fedex with a return envelope. I sent it on Sept'22nd. I am going to wait till Jan'12th and then ask for my passport.

Thanks,
Nachi

Here is the informaton found on website

Withdrawing A Visa Revalidation Application

If you must withdraw your visa revalidation application, please fax your request to the Visa Revalidation Division at 202-663-1608. The fax must include:

Applicant's name (as written in the passport), date and place of birth, and nationality,
Visa category (e.g., E, H, I, L, O, P),
Method sent (e.g., FedEx, Express Mail, DHL, World Courier, UPS, Priority Mail, etc.),
Date the Department of State received the package,
Name and return address on envelope, and
Telephone and/or fax number of someone to contact if there are difficulties locating the application.
The nonimmigrant (NIV) visa application processing fee of US$100 is not refundable. If you paid a visa issuance reciprocity fee, the U.S. Treasury will refund it to you. If you make a subsequent application for a new visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad you must pay a new NIV application processing fee. If you do not reapply for a visa at the Visa Office within one year from withdrawing your application, you must pay a new NIV application processing fee.

Thanks - Arvind

Hi Friends,

Thanks for the suggestions once again. Is there a way to find the status of the stamping process? Would you please tell where can I find the revalidation tracker?
The BCIS site doesn't say how long it will take to return the passport. Has anyone gone thru these things? I heard it takes about a week sometimes even 10 days?
One more request, How do you find when DC recieved your passport? If anyone know the phone number where we can ask DC about when they recieved my papers for stamping would you please post that also.

Thanks,
Nachi

Nachiappan,

Though others have already clarified, I would like confirm once
agian that it is possible to request withdrawal of your application
for visa re-validation. But in such cases your passport would
be returned without stamping and you will have to approach
the consulate in India for re-validation.

It looks like you are already aware of this and prepared.

Raju

Approved !!!

Hi Guys,
As I said I requested my Passport on Jan'5th. Before requesting it I called the BCIS at Washington DC (#202-663-1225 and press 1 and then 0) . I spoke to a lady she asked me not to withdraw it because it was already 3 months since I applied. But any way I sent a fax thru my attorney!! to withdraw.
I waited for couple of days and again i called the above number on Thurday and some lady picked the phone and I asked how long it takes to get the passport back. She was kind enough so she asked my passport number and verified it against the system. Then came the great news, she said that I got approved and my passport will be sent by Thursday afternoon, One thing is till Thursday my withdrawal request didn't get into they system.
So finally I got my passport back on Friday afternoon, it was stamped.

Thanks Guys for the help,
NachiappanM