H1 stamping in Canada

to apa samy

one of my friends had gone for his 2nd h1 stamping(h1 extension,not 7th yr) in canada on 17th feb. he got his visa and he did mention that he saw a student getting his first h1 stamped. i guess you should go ahead and try ur luck in canada. good luck!

apa_samy said:
Hey Guys,

Can some one please reply to my question that I posted in this thread. It is in the second page under the heading "First time H1B [F1 to H1b] stamping in canada Ottawa"

Regards,

apa samy

Need help for stamping in canada.....

I came US on L2 visa that is valid till '15 Aug. 2005', I-94 valid till 15 Aug. 2005.

I applied for H1B visa. I got my approval on 25 Jan. 2005. But i didn't get I-94 with my H1-B approval. In my approval notice Consulate is 'Chennai' mentioned for stamping.

1. Can i still go to Canada to get it stamped?
2. I heard that even H1-B can cancelled during the stamping is it true? What may be case for cancellation? if yes then, In the worst case can i re-enter in US on my L2-visa, I-94.
3. Why I didn’t get my I-94 status on my H1-B approval notice? Is there any specific reason for that?
4. I don’t have any salary slip. Do I need carry salary slip to show for Stamping?

Hi,

What are the experiences of folks who do not have a degree (bachelor or masters) from any of the US universities. ie., somebody who came into the US straight on a h1-b? Has anybody in the similar situation got visa revalidation in Canada/Mexico?

I have heard that if you have had a previous F1 visa, then it is easier to get stamping in Canada/Mexico. Is this true?

Thanks

h1b stamping

hey i got a question
i came to s on f1 visa.i did complete all my coursework but for some reason i have not defended my ms...i got a job on the basis of my bachelors n i have been workin sine then... never got the time to go back n defend
my ques is will my not defending ms be a problem in h1 stamping in canada
i have all the transcripts n i also have always maintained legal status in us

reply from someone having gone through the same situation or having an answer o my case would be highly appriciated
thanks
anand