H1 Stamping at Nogales on June 5

chan.sekh

Hi

I am going to Nogales for H1 Stamping on Jun 5 from Los Angeles. Let me know if anybody z coming on the same day. We can work together n get the Mexican Visa and stuff.

Plz respond,
Sekhar

Hi Shekar,
I have appointment in the same day. I am from Pleasanton, CA. I am planning to fly from SFO to AZ, then drive. Are you planning to take Mexican Visa? In this forum most of the people mentioned that Mexican VISA not required. Is it so?

I think we better take the Tourist Card for Mexico. It costs 20USD and there is a Mexican Consulate in LA. When I go there sm time next week, I can fill the form and drop it for u as well.

In the Mexican Consualte site, I read that American and Canadian Citizens need not take a Tourist Visa in case they are entering Mexican Borders for a period less than 72 Hours. Since we are not US / Canadian Citizens, we better take the Tourist VISA.

Hello
I am slated for June 5th Interview too. We all can travel/plan together. Can I have your email IDs please so as to keep in touch.
Thanks
Krish

Hello All

I also understand that Indian citizens are not eligible for tourist cards and need to get a visa instead. Visa processing time may take up to 4 weeks at LA embassy... feeling pretty aprehensive as we dont have 4 weeks from today for our Interview at Nogales (June 5th)

I spoke to the Mexican consulate , San Francisco, they told me it will take 4-6 weeks to process the VISA

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

My visa appointment is at 8:0 AM how ur getting the receipts for the visa. It will be great if you can get back to me, also which is the nearest airport to the Nogales. I live in Fremont, CA.

thanks

Regard

Same situation for Appointment on June 19th

Hello Guys,

I have my appointment on the 19th of June at 8:00am. I am in the dilemma whether to apply for the permit or not. From the posts here, I haven't seen anyone suggesting getting a permit. I am very much convinced that it is safe to go without the permit to Nogales. Please let me know what have you decided in your case. My email is goodguy1174@yahoo.com

Regards
Bob

Got my Visa stamp on May 15th

Hello,

I got my Visa stamping on may 15th in Nogales. Here are some of the details regarding that.

1) I did not take any mexican permit or visa. One of the guys whom I met there mentioned that a permit is not required for Nogales Consualte. But I do not have any confirmation on this. Well, there is nobody checking at the border if you have a permit or not.
2) I got my Back reciept from Victor Garica. A couple of us pooled together and sent the money to him. So, he charged us $135 each.
3) I got my passport back the same day around 3pm

I went there the previous night and stayed at the Best Western hotel. The hotel is owned by a Desi. It has a internet connection and also a printer. So, just in case you forget anything to print, you can use their service. The hotel stay costs around $80 (with tax), and breakfast is served.

Morning after breakfast, we left at around 7 am and parked our car at the border parking lot. There is a McDonald's near the border and you park your car there as well. The drive to the border from the hotel is about a mile.

After parking the car, we crossed the border on foot. After you cross the border, there will be multiple cab drivers. They will take you to the cosulate for $8 per cab. So, few of you can pool together.

After you reach the consulate, you need to stand in a line to enter the consulate where the security gaurd will check if you have all the forms filled. Note that you need, DS156, 157 and 158. make sure you fill all the three forms.

Hope the above information is helpful.
I will try to add more details later. If you have more questions, you can post them here.

-V

Carpool from Los Angeles to Nogales appointment on June 5th

I have an appointment on June 5th in Nogales. I plan to drive there and have already booked a hotel in Nogales. If anyone is interested in joining me for carpool and room sharing then you can contact me at sikhcalifornia@yahoo.com.

Sekhar and Krish since we all are going from LA lets go together.

H1b stamping at Nogales on June 5th

Hello,

Even I am having an appointment on June 5th at 8 AM. I had two questions:
1) Can we get the 3 day permit from the immigration office at the border?
2) Since Banamex near the consulate opens at 9 AM and my appointment is at 8 AM, is there any other location where we can pay the visa fees in advance or even though I miss the 8 AM appointment, I can still get in to the US consulate for stamping if I can go at 9 30 - 10 00 AM?

I will be flying to Tuscan, AZ on June 4th and havent booked any hotels yet but was planning on staying at Nogales, AZ and go to the other side of the border in morning. Since there are so many people going on June 5th, do you guys wanna decide a place where all can meet up and go together. More the people, easier it would be to manage any problem if something comes up.

Feel free to send me an email at jesilpujara@gmail.com