H1 Revalidation - W2's have different wages

meherkn

Registered Users (C)
This would my third visa. I will get my last 1.5 years visa(out of 6 years).
For the past three years i have had different amounts/wages on my W2's.
I have been working for the same employer for all these years. The old missing salaries are considered as "back wages" by my employer. At no point was i not working on a project. Last years(2005) W2 shows full salary.

Question-
When i take my w2's for interview, how would it effect? what should i answer for the questions if the ask about the w2's? :confused:

Simple, if your W2 shows amount more than your LCA amount you are OK. Otherwise you will face hardship especially in Chennai Consulate.

meherkn said:
This would my third visa. I will get my last 1.5 years visa(out of 6 years).
For the past three years i have had different amounts/wages on my W2's.
I have been working for the same employer for all these years. The old missing salaries are considered as "back wages" by my employer. At no point was i not working on a project. Last years(2005) W2 shows full salary.

Question-
When i take my w2's for interview, how would it effect? what should i answer for the questions if the ask about the w2's? :confused:

lower wages than Prevailing wage

Thanks for a reply-

All the W2's other than the 2005 have lower wages than Prevailing wages. Any suggestions?

Mine is similar case as yours... W2 is less than that of LCA
did you get your stamping done?
Please share your experience..
Thanks

Don't worry about the specifics in W-2

Hi Guys

I got my 7th year stamping in Mumbai last yearThey did ask my w-2's for last 2 years. They just looked at it & thats it.Trust me they don't have the time & inlcination to go into the details

So just take all your W-2's,company letter & your 797.
You should be fine

Wish you all the luck

Thanks
Sandeep

W2

I went to Nogales for my Revalidation on Apr3. They didn't even ask for my current W2 :D

They just checked the employer letter and asked the basic questions about the job.