H1 Revalidation India (Bombay)

VKW

Registered Users (C)
My wife and kids desires to visit India in middle of May and I am not accompanying with them.
They have the H1 Approval but they do not have VISA Stamped.

I have the Emloyer Letter and approval papers for
them and wondering what others papers can MUMBAI Consulate ask from them.

Can anyone help me in this regard.

Thanks

VKW.

They have the H1 Approval but they do not have VISA Stamped”
I hope you have H1 approval and your wife and kid have H4 approval, if that is correct then send:

your H1B approval notice, Employer letter that states your Job title skills and salary, copy of all of your passport pages including blank pages, your recent 3-4 pay stubs, past W-2, marriage certificate and Copy of I-129 complete petition including LCA that was field by your employer or lawyer for your H1B approval to INS/BCIS (ask your employer HR or the lawyer and get it certified by the lawyer) your spouse has to fill up Form DS-156 and new style of photograph (2Inch By 2 Inch), she has to pay the fess, she qualifies for drop box and she can also the Visaservices, she can visit Visa services office in Andheri East or near CROSSWORLD, HIRA PANNA, HAZI ALI, they have 2-3 offices in Bombay they can also collect her passport from her home in Bombay up to BORIVALI and Ghatkopar and they will deliver her passport to her residence ( they will charge for it about 200-300 INR) or she can visit visa services office they are open till 4PM and can deposit the papers and can collect the passport 3rd day Go to US consulate Mumbai site and find about the more info.

ginnu,

Thanks much for such a detail and clear explaination.I appreciate it.

Thanks

I understand for some posting that H1b visa takes lot of time to be issued by US emabssy in Mumbai due to new security checks having being added to the procedure.

My last stamped H1B visa in passport expired on 15th April, 2002.
My new H1B approval is from March, 2002 since I changed employer. So I qualify for drop box?

I will be visiting Mumbai, India for 10 Days and need to get new H1B visa stamped. Is this time not sufficent to get new H1B stamped?

Pl advise as I don't know when to book the return tickets for?

I understand for some posting that H1b visa takes lot of time to be issued by US emabssy in Mumbai due to new security checks having being added to the procedure.
-- Bombay has no US embassy it is Consulate
My new H1B approval is from March, 2002 since I changed employer. So I qualify for drop box?
-- YES
I will be visiting Mumbai, India for 10 Days and need to get new H1B visa stamped. Is this time not sufficent to get new H1B stamped?
--- If you use VISA facilitation Service it will take 3 days to get your passport back with H1Visa, if you visit the consulate it is same day service
--Better keep 2-3 days extra and if you use Visa Services, one is in Andheri East Chakala, other office is near Haji Ali near Crossword, go to Mumbai US consulate site you will have all the address. Better is to submit the passport 7-8 days before your departure date because if they need any more document from your side you can provide and get PP back on time, normally the Visa Service person will check all the required document OR go to Consulate if needed same day. Keep all the documents ready with you including new style photo (2 inch by 2inch)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get you H1 revlidated

Originally posted by ginnu
-- Bombay has no US embassy it is Consulate
-- YES
--- If you use VISA facilitation Service it will take 3 days to get your passport back with H1Visa, if you visit the consulate it is same day service
--Better keep 2-3 days extra and if you use Visa Services, one is in Andheri East Chakala, other office is near Haji Ali near Crossword, go to Mumbai US consulate site you will have all the address. Better is to submit the passport 7-8 days before your departure date because if they need any more document from your side you can provide and get PP back on time, normally the Visa Service person will check all the required document OR go to Consulate if needed same day. Keep all the documents ready with you including new style photo (2 inch by 2inch)

Did you get your H1 revalidated, also did you file it through Blue Dart Drop Box service?? How long did it take to get the visa revalidated.

Please describe you expereince, as I am planning to go to India too.

Thanks in advance

I went to the consulate in Mumbai but they do not handle any non-immigrant visa's over there. I was directed to their VFS center just opposite Mahalaxmi temple.

They verified/accepted the applications there and give me date 2 days later to collect. However, I was surprised to receive the passport with visa couriered to me thru Blue dart the morning I was supposed to collect my passport personally.

It was for drop box since had already been to US. If everything is in order you should get it in 2-3 days delivered at your home.

Documents required

What documents did you put along with DS-156 and DS-157??

Please list them. Also what were the amounts of DD's??

Thanks

Hi tito9,
Your case shows that drop box cases are still doesn't need interview. I heard somewhere that now every applicant has to face interview

URGENT

Originally posted by tito9
I went to the consulate in Mumbai but they do not handle any non-immigrant visa's over there. I was directed to their VFS center just opposite Mahalaxmi temple.

They verified/accepted the applications there and give me date 2 days later to collect. However, I was surprised to receive the passport with visa couriered to me thru Blue dart the morning I was supposed to collect my passport personally.

It was for drop box since had already been to US. If everything is in order you should get it in 2-3 days delivered at your home.

tito,

What document did they verify?? Please let me know ASAP as I am heading today to India. Thanks