H1 renewal rltd question while I-485 is pending, UN, RealCanadian,ginnu or anyone

javaxmlsoapdev

Registered Users (C)
I am applying for 7th year extension based on my nov'04 pending labor.

My I-485 as derivative is pending, which was applied along with my spouse(schedule A) 2.5 months ago. I have no intention to use EAD(which I got through my spouse who is as primary applicant) and that's why I am applying for 7th year extension through my current empoyer only.

My questions is; do I need to inform my employer/attorney that my I-485 is pending through my spouse,while they apply for my 7th year extension?

I was going through I-129 form and following question in section 4 made me ask this question. Please let me know.

"Part 4 item # 7: Have you ever filed an immigrant petition for any person in this petition"

javaxmlsoapdev said:

My I-485 as derivative is pending, which was applied along with my spouse(schedule A) 2.5 months ago. I have no intention to use EAD(which I got through my spouse who is as primary applicant) and that's why I am applying for 7th year extension through my current empoyer only.

My questions is; do I need to inform my employer/attorney that my I-485 is pending through my spouse,while they apply for my 7th year extension?
------------------ nothing wrong in informing them about your dervative I-485 pending they can write your A# on the form. if they ask you to use EAD then inform the lawyer you dont want to use EAD and need H1 extension to be filed.
I was going through I-129 form and following question in section 4 made me ask this question. Please let me know.

"Part 4 item # 7: Have you ever filed an immigrant petition for any person in this petition"
------------- I-140 is the immigrant petition I dont think YOU filed Immigrant petition. you have filed I-485 and that is to adjust the status in US.

javaxmlsoapdev said:

If you have filled I-485 and have A# inform to your employer/attorney so that they can fill in A# on I-129 application.

I-140 is an immigrant petition. If you have ever filled I-140, then you have to say YES for Part 4 item # 7.

Thanks guys for the response.

Still my question is ; is it a MUST to inform to employer/attorney about my derivative I-485. I have no prob in informing but I suspect that my employer will proceed with filing of my own I-140 (my PERM got approved recently) after I inform him that my derivative I-485 is pending. Over all, I want to continue my own labor, I-140, H1-B until final GC approval (whichever comes first, through my spouse or my GC application) to play safe.

If it's okay to not to inform or put A# in I-129 app then I can go on that route or else I will have to inform. Please advise.

javaxmlsoapdev said:
Thanks guys for the response.

Still my question is ; is it a MUST to inform to employer/attorney about my derivative I-485. I have no prob in informing but I suspect that my employer will proceed with filing of my own I-140 (my PERM got approved recently) after I inform him that my derivative I-485 is pending. Over all, I want to continue my own labor, I-140, H1-B until final GC approval (whichever comes first, through my spouse or my GC application) to play safe.

If it's okay to not to inform or put A# in I-129 app then I can go on that route or else I will have to inform. Please advise.
---------- if you dont inform, nothing is wrong, but I prefer to inform the lawyer who is going to fill up the form so that he/she can write your A# on it( your A# is on YOUR I-485 filing reciept). it will be better if on your I-140 form your lawyer write your A# because if your derivative I-485 gets approved first then USCIS will know that you got approved and wil have info related to you with your A#
if one has A# better to write on all future applications.

H1b extension or EAD?

Hi gurus,

My husband's labor is just approved by Philly BEC. His H1b will expire on Mar-2007. His visa number is retrogressed, so only able to file I-140.

My PERM labor was approved couple weeks ago. I'm going to file concurrent I-140/I-485 very soon.

Questions:
1. What is the pros and cons for my husband to file I-140 and extend his H1b for three years, instead of using the EAD card that come from my I-140/I-485 petitions?

2. Can he change job using the EAD card? or is it better for him to change job using the 3 year h1b extension?

Thank you so much!

beebee said:
Hi gurus,

My husband's labor is just approved by Philly BEC. His H1b will expire on Mar-2007. His visa number is retrogressed, so only able to file I-140.

My PERM labor was approved couple weeks ago. I'm going to file concurrent I-140/I-485 very soon.

Questions:
1. What is the pros and cons for my husband to file I-140 and extend his H1b for three years, instead of using the EAD card that come from my I-140/I-485 petitions?

2. Can he change job using the EAD card? or is it better for him to change job using the 3 year h1b extension?

Thank you so much!

Always try to be on H1 while your I-485/I-140 ect are pending in an event if you get trouble in I-140/I-485 you are still on H1 which will give you more time to protect your status and may offer some alternatives to fall on.