H1 recapture at consulate abroad

Khan_Man

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

Apologize for the cross post in another section.

I was awarded my H1 visa in July 2006 valid till July 2009. I never got my visa stamped. I transferred from the US to the UK in January 2008 and have spend approximately 500 days out of the country. I am now interested in stamping my H1 visa in London and recapturing the time I spent outside the US.

Can someone please advise if it is possible to recapture time at a consulate abroad and what is the exact procedure to apply for the recapture.. i.e which form I need to fill out etc. I have searched the forums and many discussions state to use I-129 but I was advised that it may be possible to do at a consulate abroad when I apply for stamping without the need for I-129.

Your guidance is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Serhat

Hello All,

Apologize for the cross post in another section.

I was awarded my H1 visa in July 2006 valid till July 2009. I never got my visa stamped. I transferred from the US to the UK in January 2008 and have spend approximately 500 days out of the country. I am now interested in stamping my H1 visa in London and recapturing the time I spent outside the US.
---------------------------US consulate will only give you visa stamp till H1 approval notice validity.

Can someone please advise if it is possible to recapture time at a consulate abroad
----------------NO

and what is the exact procedure to apply for the recapture.. i.e which form I need to fill out etc. I have searched the forums and many discussions state to use I-129 but I was advised that it may be possible to do at a consulate abroad when I apply for stamping without the need for I-129.
-----------------------one can only recapure the time spent out of US if your US employer file Petition with USCIS.

Your guidance is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Serhat

Visa stamp is under DOS and US consulates and Embassy are under DOS .H1 petitions or H1 extensions are approved by USCIS in US.

Ginnu... thanks for your reply. So I will have to have my employer petition I-129 to recapture time abroad and pay the H1 fees to recapture time. Then I will have to take the approval and apply at a consulate abroad to get my passport stamped...

Thanks again...

Visa stamp is under DOS and US consulates and Embassy are under DOS .H1 petitions or H1 extensions are approved by USCIS in US.