H1 recapture at consulate abroad

Khan_Man

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I was awarded my H1 visa in July 2006 valid till July 2009. I never got my visa stamped. I transferred from the US to the UK in January 2008 and have spend approximately 500 days out of the country. I am now interested in stamping my H1 visa in London and recapturing the time I spent outside the US.

Can someone please advise if it is possible to recapture time at a consulate abroad and what is the exact procedure to apply for the recapture.. i.e which form I need to fill out etc. I have searched the forums and many discussions state to use I-129 but I was advised that it may be possible to do at a consulate abroad when I apply for stamping without the need for I-129.

Your guidance is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Serhat

If your visa petiton was approved from July 2006 to July 2009 and visa never stamped in your passport, you can not stamp it in any consulate.
You need to reapply and get new visa approval before you go for any visa stamping.

Hello All,

I was awarded my H1 visa in July 2006 valid till July 2009. I never got my visa stamped. I transferred from the US to the UK in January 2008 and have spend approximately 500 days out of the country. I am now interested in stamping my H1 visa in London and recapturing the time I spent outside the US.

Can someone please advise if it is possible to recapture time at a consulate abroad and what is the exact procedure to apply for the recapture.. i.e which form I need to fill out etc. I have searched the forums and many discussions state to use I-129 but I was advised that it may be possible to do at a consulate abroad when I apply for stamping without the need for I-129.

Your guidance is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Serhat