H1-- in 7th Year and related questions

csarip

Registered Users (C)
Hello G/J/All,

Background:
===========
I am in 7th year extension. Current validity of my h1 is till november 2005. From the postings in this thread, i may be eligible for applying my extension in May 2005 (6 months before).
My Wife is in H1 visa and she has 2 more years of validity for 6 years. She do not have any labor certification pending for more than 365 days.

I know below questions are answered in many postings here. But, in mental stress and want to weigh-in any scenarios i have

Questions:
========
a) Can i ask my immigration lawyer to apply for H1 extension in May
b) If there is any problem with job, how long i can stay with current h1. As per the company rules, they consider the person is an employee for 60 days after notified and gives pay.
c) If 8th year extension is approved till november 2006, can i transfer this h1 to new employer and start afresh from there.
d) Can i transfer to H4 visa under my wife's H1. From postings, i understood that, i cannot as i have completed my 6 years and her labor is not pending for more than a year.
e) If i want to transfer to F1 visa, do i need to go to home country and get it stamped. Is there anything similar to H4 to H1 type (apply for transfer and start working immediatly type)
f) My lawyer told me, he can apply for B1 visa if anything bad with job. But, for some reasons, i am hesitent to do that, don't know why. is it a good way.

Would you please send me your openions and any valuable input.

CSARIP

csarip said:
Hello G/J/All,

Background:
===========
I am in 7th year extension. Current validity of my h1 is till november 2005. From the postings in this thread, i may be eligible for applying my extension in May 2005 (6 months before).
My Wife is in H1 visa and she has 2 more years of validity for 6 years. She do not have any labor certification pending for more than 365 days.

I know below questions are answered in many postings here. But, in mental stress and want to weigh-in any scenarios i have

Questions:
========
a) Can i ask my immigration lawyer to apply for H1 extension in May. Yes for 8th yr extnb) If there is any problem with job, how long i can stay with current h1. As per the company rules, they consider the person is an employee for 60 days after notified and gives pay.
c) If 8th year extension is approved till november 2006, can i transfer this h1 to new employer and start afresh from there. Yes, but your H1 is still valid for one year/ increments. How do you beleive your old employer is going to keep your LC intact.
d) Can i transfer to H4 visa under my wife's H1. From postings, i understood that, i cannot as i have completed my 6 years and her labor is not pending for more than a year. If your wife (not exhausted her 6yrs) you can try to change to H4 for remaining period of your wife's H1e) If i want to transfer to F1 visa, do i need to go to home country and get it stamped.
You can change to F1 and start studying with out going to your home country and stamping the f1 visa in your pp
Is there anything similar to H4 to H1 type (apply for transfer and start working immediatly type)
f) My lawyer told me, he can apply for B1 visa if anything bad with job. But, for some reasons, i am hesitent to do that, don't know why. is it a good way.
B1 is not at all advisable, you need stamping to come and go, B1 is valid (1 94) maximum 6 months. May be you get it for 10 years for multiple entry, but can stay maximum 6 months/ extention some more months. But you have to return - period.Would you please send me your openions and any valuable input.

CSARIP

Thanks Great Guru for the valuable suggestions. I have one more question to ask you and forum members. Requesting your valuable input

My H1 is valid till november 2005. I am in 7th year extension. My wife has valid H1 for next two years. If anything happens to job, i have been told that, i can convert to H4 till november 2005, but not after that.

Would you please share your comments.

CSARIP

csarip said:
Thanks Great Guru for the valuable suggestions. I have one more question to ask you and forum members. Requesting your valuable input

My H1 is valid till november 2005. I am in 7th year extension. My wife has valid H1 for next two years. If anything happens to job, i have been told that, i can convert to H4 till november 2005, but not after that.

Would you please share your comments.

CSARIP
You have answer in the different thread already.