H1 & H4 visa

nkv

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,
I have a question regarding my H1 and about applying a new H4 visa.

I am going to India in couple of months and this is the first time I am going after I got my H1B visa.
Hence I would be having my visa interview and visa stamping done. My H1B visa is valid till May'2005.
And my company plans to apply for the renewal 6 months prior to the expiry which will be end of this year.
I plan to go to India during feb'2005 get married, apply for H4 visa for my wife and bring her here.

My question is,
1. Should I renew my H1B, get my new renewed H1B and then go to India.get married, apply for H4
in India.

or

2. Is it okay to go with just 3 months left on my current H1. Get married, apply for H4. Come to the US and then apply for H1 extension and H4 extension?

Which is advisable? I want to make sure, there is no issues with H4 visa stamping, because of my H1 timings/extension.

Please advice.

Originally posted by nkv
Hi Friends,
I have a question regarding my H1 and about applying a new H4 visa.

I am going to India in couple of months and this is the first time I am going after I got my H1B visa.

Hence I would be having my visa interview and visa stamping done. My H1B visa is valid till May'2005.
----- I hope you have H1 approval notice and not H1B VISA, dont mix Visa stamp and H1 approval ,both are diffrent
And my company plans to apply for the renewal 6 months prior to the expiry which will be end of this year.
----- let them apply, one can file H1 extension 6 months advance

I plan to go to India during feb'2005 get married, apply for H4 visa for my wife and bring her here.

My question is,
1. Should I renew my H1B, get my new renewed H1B and then go to India.get married, apply for H4
in India.

----- dont understand, what do you mean by Should I renew H1B. do you mean to file H1 extension or renew the H1Visa stamp from DOS in US on your passport????
or

2. Is it okay to go with just 3 months left on my current H1. Get married, apply for H4. Come to the US and then apply for H1 extension and H4 extension?
-------- yes you can do that
Which is advisable? I want to make sure, there is no issues with H4 visa stamping, because of my H1 timings/extension.
------ H4 visa stamp is based on your H1 it does not matter if you have H1 for 2 years or 3-4 months, if you have H1 for 4 months then your spouse will get H4 visa for 4 months or till the date of your H1Visa or your H1 approval notice, once you both reach US on H1 and H4 file your H1 extension and your spouse H4 extension.
*** you can also file your H1 extension 6 months advance with premium processing and you will get H1 approval in hand in 20-25 days.

Please advice.