H1 / H4 options for USA

snvemuri

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Following is my situation

My wife had H1b visa stamping (from europen country before our marriage) valid from Oct 1st 2005, She has n't come to USA yet. Now i am planning to bring her on H4 to USA (1st time coming to USA) , and she got h4 appointment in India this montn end.

1) Does she get h4 VISA with already having the H1 visa stamping in passport ? If so what will happen to H1 ? Does H1 automatically becomes void / cancelled

2) what is the possbility that her h4 case gets rejected (can US embassy reject the application saying that since she already had H1, don't consider h4)

3) Is there any chance that embassy may cancel both visas ( already stamped H1 and new H4 application)

i really appreciate any valuable info on this scenario

snvemuri said:
Hi,
Following is my situation

My wife had H1b visa stamping (from europen country before our marriage) valid from Oct 1st 2005, She has n't come to USA yet. Now i am planning to bring her on H4 to USA (1st time coming to USA) , and she got h4 appointment in India this montn end.

1) Does she get h4 VISA with already having the H1 visa stamping in passport ? If so what will happen to H1 ? Does H1 automatically becomes void / cancelled
----------consulate will cancell the H1 visa stamp, one cant have 2 valid Visa stamps
2) what is the possbility that her h4 case gets rejected (can US embassy reject the application saying that since she already had H1, don't consider h4)
------------- she is going to apply H4 based on YOUR H1 status
3) Is there any chance that embassy may cancel both visas ( already stamped H1 and new H4 application)
---------- she has not BOTH visa stamped in her passport how they can cancell both visa stamps? she has only H1 visa stamp in her passport and applying for H4 visa stamp
i really appreciate any valuable info on this scenario

Ginnu,
Thanks for the information

Regarding my 3rd question in case if the consulate doesn't want to give H4 (reject h4 application), will they by any chance can cancel the stamped h1b visa also ?

just wanted to be more sure that my wife will have either H4
or the valid old H1 (in case H4 application is rejected) after the appointment