h1 for me..spouse 7th yr

drao

Registered Users (C)
My husband's h1 is expiring in feb'05. he is going to apply for 7th yr ext.
I 'm in h4 status since dec' 00. Since i did not complete my h4- 6yr period...can i apply for my h1 visa this year...while my husabnd's h1-7th yr application is pending..
pleaseeeeeeee reply
Thank you.

Sorry to say..Maximum duration for any H visa is 6 yrs period. However your spouse can get year-year extension on his H1 visa (applied for LC 365 days prior). Anyhoo..you can get your h4 ext along with your spouse's h1 ext.
Eventhough you transfer your H4 status to H1 that is valid till Feb 2005. After that you should come back to H4 status.

pls confirm

Critical25 said:
Sorry to say..Maximum duration for any H visa is 6 yrs period. However your spouse can get year-year extension on his H1 visa (applied for LC 365 days prior). Anyhoo..you can get your h4 ext along with your spouse's h1 ext.
Eventhough you transfer your H4 status to H1 that is valid till Feb 2005. After that you should come back to H4 status.
-------------------

I'm surprised.....Is it true that ...If I had tranfered my h4 to h1...before feb'05 ..then my h1 is valid till feb'05 only...?? Are u sure??

What if i apply for my h1 after feb 05...ie., if i apply in april 05..while my husband's h1--7th yr apllication is pending?? can i do that??

Thank you ..pls reply...waiting..

I apologize for the confusion. Your H1 will be valid till Dec 2006. ( dec' 00 + 6yrs). But after that you can't get ext. You should come back to H4. Ofcourse you may get EAD before DEc 2006...Or else you have to wait till that time.

Thanks

Thank You for the response.
I understand.....I can apply for my h1-visa(h4 to h1) this april'05 ....though my husband's h1-7th yr ext. apllication is pending.

if i'm wrong..pls mail back.
Thank you.

Perfect

Filing your H1 is nothing to do with your Husband's Ext. Only reqt is you should be in legal status and get an Employer (Sponsor).

Good Luck Rao... are you from Harrisburg,PA

pls confirm

Is it true as said by Mr.Critical....b'coz i got some other answers from other source.....please confirm.........

waiting...........
Thank You

Critical25 said:
Do you mind to share other answers. Just wondering what it could be...

---------------

This is the answers i got.....
Q)I have not completed 6 yrs on h4...I have come to US in dec'00.
A)---- H4 is based on H1 if H1 holder was for 6 years then H4 and H1 both are counted 6 years

Q)Now..Can I apply for h1-visa this april'05 ..while my husband's h1 7th yr ext apllication is pending. His 6yr period will complete in feb'05.
A)I think you cant file H1, go to good lawyer for legal advice

Waiting eagerly...Pls reply
Thank You.

gr8...response

Hello Rincy..
THanks a lot for your wonderful response. I very much appreciate ur detailed answer. I'm trusting everything you replied...and going to apply for H1 for this year...
Thanks once again.
:) :) :)