H1-F2-H1 transfer

Earthgirl

Hi,
Been inspired by the previous posts, I have the similar situation.
I was on H1 till Mar 03. Then I transfered to F2. Now I'm about to get an job offer from a company. Does my H1b application subject to the Cap?
My previous H1B was issued on Feb 2002 and I haven't been out of the states since.
I'm aware of H1-H4-H1 is eligible for H1 portability.
What about H1-F2-H1?
Is this subject to all other valid transition visas?

Originally posted by Earthgirl
Hi,
I was on H1 till Mar 03. Then I transfered to F2. Now I'm about to get an job offer from a company. Does my H1b application subject to the Cap?
My previous H1B was issued on Feb 2002 and I haven't been out of the states since.
What about H1-F2-H1?

There is no portability, as far as I know, but you MAY not be subject to the cap.

H1 to F2 to H1 questions..

Hi,

I came to US on F2 visa. In April 2008, my employer filed for my H1B visa and it was approved.

Due to some personal reasons I can't start work from October 1 and I will need to change my visa status back to F2.

My question is

1. If I change my visa status back to F2, and if I find an employer who is ready to file my H1B in the future, Will I have to go through the quota again?

I would highly appreciate your response to this matter.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
What about H1-F2-H1?