H1 Extn OR EAD

mogambo2495

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
I have option of extending my H1 for 9th year or use my approved EAD. My H1 expires later this year. I just got EAD approved.

What is the safest bet and why? Could please someone list down 3-4 points as guideline

H1 vs EAD

H1:
Immigration Legalwise H1 is always better
If there is any problem with your GC, you will at the safeside
Travelling is better on H1

EAD:
If you want to avoid the H1 fee
If you get your I-140 approved, EAD would be better unless you think there would be any problem with I-485.

Travelling not better with H1 anymore. the reason is if you get yout H1 Extn, and travel you need to go to stamping in US Consulate in India, that not good these days, the wait time is so long.

Hey mogambo2495,

You said that you got your EAD approved recently? Could you tell me your filing dates, approval date and also how long did it take for you to get your EAD card?

I got my EAD approved on 9th June, 2005 but have not received my card yet.

I am in a similar situation as yours, but to save money and obviously i could not get an appointment for Visa stamping I am staying on EAD.

- needgc1701

Hi Rarebell,

I have a question for you. Did you got any email Alert or LUD change happen when your I-140 approved? Because In my case My I 140 approved and even i got approval notice also, But LUD not changed in USCIS site, not yet recived emails and the 1-800 telephone message not yet updated. My I-140 approved on June10th. Please let me know.

qa_guy26 said:
Hi Rarebell,

I have a question for you. Did you got any email Alert or LUD change happen when your I-140 approved? Because In my case My I 140 approved and even i got approval notice also, But LUD not changed in USCIS site, not yet recived emails and the 1-800 telephone message not yet updated. My I-140 approved on June10th. Please let me know.

Yes i got an LUD and email alert when the I-140 is approved.
But i know few guys who never got any LUD or email but their cases got approved. I observed this is happening most recently. I am not bothered about this much as long as the cases getting approved.