H1 Extension Stamping in Passport

Kohila

Registered Users (C)
I got my H1 extension papers from INS (i.e., I 797). I want it to get it stamped on my passport in Mexico.

My existing stamp is valid until end of May. With the change in law that prohibits persons entering from Mexico if visa is rejected, I have the following questions.

1. Would they cancel my existing visa if I am rejected for extension.
2. Can I apply for extension stamping while current one is still valid for 2 more months?

Can someone please help?
-Kohi

Depends on the reason for rejection...

1. If the extension rejection is based on a reason that means that you are not at all eligible for h1 ( A fake degree, non exisiting company, >180 days of out of status etc.) they might reject the extension and may cancel the existing H1. Otherwise, they will "deny" stamping as opposed to rejection, which means that you might have to go to your home country to get the stamping.

2. Yes.

Thanks

Thank you for your input.
Do you know if I can someone in US consulate and ask them about this?.
Not that I dont belive you, just to be sure?.

They have to

see all the documentation before giving a verdict. What do you think a US consulate is- a mortgage company?

I just

want to know how many days before can I appear for interview while I still have my current stamp valid?

My question is not regarding documents.

advice: 2weeks from expiry of current visa..

so that if you need to get some document fixed (wrong money order amount, etc.) you have few days to fix it. And if your H1 extension is still denied you can come back into US using H1 and continue your job and can go to your home country at your leisure for stamping (show your new 797 approval at poe)