H1 Extension ...Please Help ..Do I need to go for H1 Revalidation?

manjprog

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Please give me your advice.

I came to US on H1B in 2004. My H1 is going to expire in 30th March 2007. And my passport expires on 9th March 2007.

Recently, I have done the renewal to my passport at Indian Consulate, Houston. And, I have got a new passport which is valid till 2016. The indian consulate cancelled my old passport, but told me that my H1 visa inside my old passport is valid till it expires.

Now, Iam applying for H1B Extension. For that, before I apply for H1 extension, do I need to transfer my H1 visa from my old passport to new passport?

Please advice ...

If it is not required, then when I apply for the H1 Extension, do I need to submit xerox of all the passport pages of my old and new passport?

Please advice ...

Thank you in advance ....

-Manj

manjprog said:
Hi,

Please give me your advice.

I came to US on H1B in 2004. My H1 is going to expire in 30th March 2007. And my passport expires on 9th March 2007.

Recently, I have done the renewal to my passport at Indian Consulate, Houston. And, I have got a new passport which is valid till 2016.

The indian consulate cancelled my old passport, but told me that my H1 visa inside my old passport is valid till it expires.

-------------that is correct and keep both the passports stapled (make copy of both the passport and keep in your immigration file)

Now, Iam applying for H1B Extension. For that, before I apply for H1 extension, do I need to transfer my H1 visa from my old passport to new passport?

--------------NO, keep both the passports stapled

If it is not required, then when I apply for the H1 Extension, do I need to submit xerox of all the passport pages of my old and new passport?[/B]

--------------New passport pages copy and provide info about your new passport to your lawyer/employer who is going to file H1 Extension

Thank you in advance ....

-Manj