H1 Extension More than Anticiapated

SecondChanceGC

Registered Users (C)
Hi! All,

My company applied for H1 Extension for 1 year because my 6 year limit is expiring on Aug 31st 2005. Some how, it got approved thru till Aug 31st, 2008. Anybody else have this happen to them?

Can this cause any problems for my GC application? Should I let the INS know of the error? or are they approving for more than the 6 year limit?

I have already applied I-140 and I-485 however, due to retrogression of visa numbers, it may be atleast 1 to 2 years before they get approved.

Thanks

Congrates

Could you please tell me from where did your company file your H1 Extension and how much time it took to get approval?

Thanks

My company filed in CSC, the work location is in NV . I do not remember the RD or the ND of the application, but the Receipt number is WAC05047XXXXX. so I assume that it was applied some time in November or December 2004.

Thanks
:eek:

Is your 140 approved and 485 pending? If yes then you do get 3 yrs extension on H1B after 1st 6 yrs also.

SecondChanceGC said:
Hi! All,

My company applied for H1 Extension for 1 year because my 6 year limit is expiring on Aug 31st 2005. Some how, it got approved thru till Aug 31st, 2008. Anybody else have this happen to them?

Can this cause any problems for my GC application? Should I let the INS know of the error? or are they approving for more than the 6 year limit?

I have already applied I-140 and I-485 however, due to retrogression of visa numbers, it may be atleast 1 to 2 years before they get approved.

Thanks