H1 Extension Lost in Mail - URGENT

vicky007

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everybody,

I am in a Peculiar situation.I applied for H1 and H4 extension in Oct'03. Both the H1 and H4 got approved on Apr'7 04. My Lawyer has already received the H4 extn with new I-94 validity but he says his office has not received the H1 Extension and that it is lost in transit.He has already written to the USCIS office in Vermont 2 weeks back.

I am desperate as my old I-94 has since expired and i cant travel.

Anybody has passed through a situation where the H1 or H4 papers have been lost in transit?

How much Time does it take to get another Copy from INS.what is the Procedure?

What are my Options?

Would appreciate if anyone can give information.

Regards.

It may help to call the NSC personally(waiting time may be 30 minutes or more, so be prepared) , explain that you need to travel urgently and request that a duplicate copy be sent immediately.

Else, if your attorney is a member of AILA (99.99% he is), then going through AILA liaison may help.

Hey getting a duplicate copy is not that easy.. You have to expediate some how ..Call customer service and call the Attorney and do something ..Get the copy somehow ...
Its very imp

GCChaahiye said:
It may help to call the NSC personally(waiting time may be 30 minutes or more, so be prepared) , explain that you need to travel urgently and request that a duplicate copy be sent immediately.

Else, if your attorney is a member of AILA (99.99% he is), then going through AILA liaison may help.

Thanks for your Responses.

I have already contacted the NSC and she gave me the standard reply and advise .Contact your lawyer to call the USCIS officer through AILA Liason.
Lawyer has already written to the USCIS two weeks back.No further progress.

Would contacting the Senator Help?

Regards.

Go To your Local BCIS office. They will help you. I know someone who did that. They charged him $6 to give new I-94.

I applied for my H1 Extension in sept2003, it is approved in Jun2004. these INS ppl are deliberately making delays in processing. they said, it is mailed, but, till now I did not get the approval in my hand. they create unnecessary RFE and make us to wait again for 2-3 months. they are taking there own time.. one more ridiculous thing is theey said it is mailed on Jun23rd and till now I did not receive it. I am not sure if they sent it really or should I assume that it is los in mail again ?? do you know that we have to apply for I-824 to take action on the approved cases ? but it is not free, they charge another 200 bucks for this. I think they are making reasons to get money from the people. we cannot track if they really sent it ? or is it really lost or what the hell is going on with them . we should just blindly believe that they sent it and it is lost in mail thatz all. not only that, I-824 processing is another 2years of waiting time. by the the time they send the duplicate I think the world will be change for us. I don't understand, why they are making things so complicated and putting us in trouble. they don't care ofcourse, b/c we are the non-immigrants who are supposed to suffer..