H1 Extension In Premium Processing, Plz Post Here

vizio889

H1 extension Approved( second company). After stuck in security check.

Hi All,

H1 extesnion : July 11 2008, VSC

I applied for H1 extension Premium processing with received Date on July 11 th 2008. Still It is showng as case received and pending. When My lawer sent an email to USCIS after 15 days.. they replied back that my application is in Routine Security check. Till now no outcome.

Why VSC is taking too long? I heard that security check may last for more than 1 year. Is this true? Or the USICS official just said excuse as "Security check"?

I even did not recieved RFE also. What should I do to get my H1 extension as my I-94 and licence are expisring in Oct 2008.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys, I would like to tell you my experience. I got H1 transfer approval. My old case at VSC is still pending. I did premium processing from CSC and got approval in 8 days. Now I really do not mid about security check as I have everything back in my pocket.

I will also post the abt my security check issue later. I am going behind the VSC for the pending application.I know I do not need that. I will keep bugging these guys. Now I have plenty of time.

After a lot of research now I know few things about the security check. But I am not sure weather my assumption are right or wrong.

Ex: May be the application is not filled properly It may have very minor error and a lot of other stuff related to my application. Any way I am felling better now.

Thanks to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
H1 Extension at Vermont SC

I have applied for I129 extension on June 2-2008 and i did not make any sort of enquires and i got my !129 approved on Sep-25-2008.

What i have been told is once we file the I-129, never change it to Premium or make any sort of enquires. They might think there some problem with the company.

I have seen many cases where people have upgraded to premium processing, and most of the cases have got queries.

Hope this helps.
--Pavan

I have applied for I129 extension on June 2-2008 and i did not make any sort of enquires and i got my !129 approved on Sep-25-2008.

What i have been told is once we file the I-129, never change it to Premium or make any sort of enquires. They might think there some problem with the company.

I have seen many cases where people have upgraded to premium processing, and most of the cases have got queries.

Hope this helps.
--Pavan

Hi Pavan,

Was it extension for the same employer or extension in case of a transfer ?

Hi Guys, I would like to tell you my experience. I got H1 transfer approval. My old case at VSC is still pending. I did premium processing from CSC and got approval in 8 days. Now I really do not mid about security check as I have everything back in my pocket.

I will also post the abt my security check issue later. I am going behind the VSC for the pending application.I know I do not need that. I will keep bugging these guys. Now I have plenty of time.

After a lot of research now I know few things about the security check. But I am not sure weather my assumption are right or wrong.

Ex: May be the application is not filled properly It may have very minor error and a lot of other stuff related to my application. Any way I am felling better now.

Thanks to all.

Hi Vizio,

Great to hear that you got you H1 approved from CSC. But my question is , is it possible to file for a new H1 in a different service center when one is already pending ? In my case I-94 already expired ? Can we still file the same case at a different service center ?