H1 Extension applied in Oct 2001. No news yet!!

sshan

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

My company applied for my H1B extension in Oct 2001. No signs of approval or atleast RFE. Its well over the 90 days processing time. My company is not calling INS despite my repeated requests. My existing H1B expired in Dec 2001. Is anybody in the same position as I am?

Thanks

No Title

Why dont u try premium processing. You are guaranteed a result in 15 days. It works!!

Dilbert

H1 extension premium processing

(1)Can u do premium processing for H1 Extension?
Can u do premium processing for H1 Transfer?
(i have just seen cases of premium processing for fresh H1)

(2)In Premium Processing, does the company has to agree to some expedited clauses? Basically what i m trying to find is whether the compnay sponsoring H1 has to do something very different (other then spending extra 1000 bucks) !

sshan -> what is your H1 Application Tracking Number (proof that your H1Extension was applied at all)? Once you have that, call appropriate service center yourself. [You can know which one to call from the tracking #.]

Premium processing - some info for shersinghhg

premium processing can be done for anything to do with H1-B and a few other visas - new, extn, transfer whatever. The company has to agree to pay $1000 which I am sure, your employer will understand. No clauses etc. No extra appln atleast in the case of a fresh H1-B appl (like mine -> F1 - to H-1)The same application will be processed in an expedited manner. Double check with ur lawyers. The INS website has a news article on this Premium Processing. U get over with the process in a matter of days.

Hope this helped

Dilbert

H1B Extension time

My company applied for an extension for my H1B back in August 21st 2001 at CSC. I got a receipt dated August 28th 2001. But I haven\'t got my approval yet. Does it normally take this long? The voice recording claims that it \'normally\' takes 30 to 60 days to process this case.
Calling a single number seems to be the only way that I can inquire about this. But it is engaged always during business hours. Is there any other way I can contact the INS? Or is there any way I can ask my employer to apply again? Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Venkatesh

I\'m in a similar position

Hello!
I am also waiting for my H1 B extension for the past 6 months.
Pls mail me if you tried something to speed up the process.

Thanks,
Venkatesh

Ask your company or lawyer to call INS

Venky,

My company called the INS. The IIO has said that they will look into my case and give a decision in 2 to 4 weeks. I am hoping that they will work on my case.

Wish you luck in your case.

Thanks
Shankar