H1 extension after EAD.

WantLabor

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

I have a approved EAD and valid for 1 year.

My 1-140 is also approved. My H1 B is getting expired in Oct 2006.

If I apply for H1 B extension I will get it for another 3 years.
If for some unforeseen reason, 485 gets denied, will I have a chance to work on H1 B for another 3 years.

Please provide your valuable ideas as this will cost me $2000 to apply for H1 extension and dependeds visas extension.

Thanks in advance.

If I apply for H1 B extension I will get it for another 3 years. ? YES MAN
If for some unforeseen reason, 485 gets denied, will I have a chance to work on H1 B for another 3 years.? NO PROBLEM
--Naveen Oshos

WantLabor said:
Gurus,

If for some unforeseen reason, 485 gets denied, will I have a chance to work on H1 B for another 3 years.

Please provide your valuable ideas as this will cost me $2000 to apply for H1 extension and dependeds visas extension.

Thanks in advance.

WantLabor said:
Gurus,

Thanks in advance.

485 denial after 140 approval is very rare and doesn't happen that easily.
I think about 90% (or more) of times an approved 140 will lead to an approved 485.
Unless some sort of fraud is proved 485 should follow 140.
Time, of course, is another matter.

Thank You!

noshs and nj_skm,

I spoke to a lawyer also. She also said same thing that you guys have posted here. Thank you very much for your inputs.

Get the H1 Extension

WantLabor,

I would certainly get the H1B Extension and keep the EAD as a backup. In the event that anything happens to your I-485 your H1 will provide you the status to address the I-485 issues.

I realize that this involves a non-trivial financial cost but I personally feel that it is worth it.

So what i understand from above discussion is if for some reason 485 is denied one can keep working on h1 extension ,which was granted because 485 iwas pending ??

Isn't true that if for some reason 485 is denied Both EAD and AP are no more valid ??? If this is true then why H1 extension is still valid , since it was approved on the basis of 485 pending ???? like Ead and AP shouldn't it also get invalid ??any view point ??