H1 ext.

Hi kartoos,

Tell her to fill form I-539 for H-4 extension and submit with supporting documents along with your H1 extension application.

Good luck

H1 extension and EAD

I am extending my H1 and son's H4 eventhough I have EAD and advanced parole for both of us.

Our company attorney's opinion is that if we get the receipt for H1 before the current one expires it is fine. When H1 is approved it would be dated from the day the previous one expires (that's what attorney would say the starting date would be).

Is this a fair estimate of the current status at service centers?

Can anyone recommend a link specifically on

how to extend H-1B on my own? I know the Labor part is most difficult. My H-1 is expiring end of the year and I would like to extend it next month since I want to play safe. My company is not going to pay the $700 attorney fee. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi Extn

Hi,

My receipt date for the H1 extn is july 10th and am planning to go on vacation in october.(oct my H1 is expiring).
What are my chances of getting the approval b4 that so that I can get it stamped in India.

Pls mail me if you have any info on whats the current running date .....

or is there any alternative to speed it up....

Thx in advance

LCA required for H1B extension?

Hi, Guys,
My H-1B is going to expired April 2004. I heard that I should extend it in 6 months before it expires. Is that true? Also, is LCA required? If not, I am wondering whether I should file H-1b extension by myself. Is that a good choice? Any one has any experience on this?

Thanks for sharing your info.

Fox12

My employer filed H1B extension in May 2003 at Vermont BCIS.The receipt date is 23 May 2003.
Currenly, i know that Vermont is processing the files with the reciept date May 30.
My application has not been approved yet and no information recived from BCIS.
Just worried ,because iam planning to visit India.
Does anyone has any idea,how long the processing would take even after the date has passed.

H1-B/H4 Extention approved- VSC

I got mine and my wife's approval on 9/11.

Applied for extention on 6/15.

JJ

Re: LCA required for H1B extension?

Originally posted by fox12
Hi, Guys,
My H-1B is going to expired April 2004. I heard that I should extend it in 6 months before it expires. Is that true? Also, is LCA required? If not, I am wondering whether I should file H-1b extension by myself. Is that a good choice? Any one has any experience on this?

Thanks for sharing your info.

Fox12

Actually you don't need to apply that early, I was informed by my lawyer that after the portability act went in to effect it is no longer necessary to have the approval for the extention before your current H1 expires, the requirement is that you simply have to submit your application before your expiration date and you can continue working in your same position without any difficulty.

My H1 expires this month and I just filed my application last week, there is nothing to brag because the stupid HR manager screwed it up and filed like a month late than I would have liked, but my lawyer assured me that it doesn't make any difference, he even told me if I am not planning to travel any soon, no need to go for premium processing either.

Hope that helps.

you are right..

There is no need to apply in advance. If BCIS recevies before the current H1 expiry it is fine. One can work for 240 days with the petition pending. If it is rejected then the problem arises with removal proceedings. This was confirmed our company attorney.

hello

Originally posted by GCCRAWL
Well,

If i were you... i will make it Premium processing immediately...
as it would be safe to use your H1 till I get greencard stamping atleast.....

once H1 expires, and if something happen to GC processing you will be no where....

So you can send 1000$ extra and make it PP asap.

In reference to the above answer i will like to know whats my position

I applied for my H1 B visa extention in the month of July 03 and my existing visa is expiring on 30 Sep 03

I called the BCIS for the infop on the status of the case and there i learnt that a person should file for the extension atleast 90 days prior to the expiry of the old H1 B

She did not told me what will be the consequence of the Delays in filing the H1 B ext

Can some body trow some light on the case or tell me what should i do the next to rectify the mistake i made in filling it a bit late

I think the person whome you talked with are not well informed about H1 extension. The answer given by clzeus10 are absoultly right and same has been informed to me by my attorney.

You can even file your extension few days before expiry and still work for 270 days legally. so don't worry about it.

h1 approval!!!

For those who want to track you application status, here is some info. I checked the status of my receipt online and it showed that my visa is approved today at VSC. Mine was a H!B transfer case from Company A to Company B. So relaxed now.
My receipt # was VSC-03-202-53XXX
RD - 6/27/03
ND - 7/2/03
AD - 9/24/03
Hope this will help to know your status of application