H1 expired...need help

vanderbilt02

Hi everyone,

I was in H4 status for almost 5 years and in H1 for one year and my H1 expired in Aug 2006. Right now, I'm in H4 status with my husband's H1.Is there any possible way that I can apply for another H1, if not can I apply for green card while I'm in H4 status?
Any help would be apreciated.....
Thankyou

140 issue

]Hi everyone,

my question is like if we emigrate to another country say canada or some where after I-140 approval what happens to my grrencard sttaus,will teh status be active?once I-140 approved visa will be given for 3 more years meanwhile if i gota n oppurtunity to work in another country say canada can i keep my status of grrencard open or do i need to be here in US to keep my process open?i need to take some decisions,pl reply me.

If H1 used up 6 years, you can not obtain H1 again unless you stay out of the US more than one year. This won't be changed by applying for GC after H1 expiration.

YOu can leave the US anytime(before I485 filing), and keep GC application active as long as position stated in LC is kept for you at sponsor employer.

Hello,
But I haven't used my H1 for 6 years, I was in H1 for year. If I apply green card, after I get my I 140...would I be able to work?

You spent 5 years with H4 and one year with H1 which totals 6 years. You already exhausted your time.

Last edited by a moderator: