H1 employer switch

nymisha

Registered Users (C)
hi,
I am working for a company thru a corp-to-corp arrangement via another consulting firm. This is my first job out of school and I am confused.
Company A - DeptA ( where I actually work) has a contract with consulting company B (middle man) which has a contract with my employer company C ( my H1 sponsoring company).

My employer company had me sign an agreement when I started with them in which there is a clause that states --

""Employee will not be serve or seek employment with our client - ['Client' being interpreted as follows:: where the person has worked as our employee during the last one year] for a period of six months from the date of termination without our written permission except if our client shows an intention to take him/her as an employee.""

My question is ,
1) Can I work for Company C directly??
2) Can I work for Company B and be placed in Company C??
3) Can I work for Company C thru Company D (some other middle man) in the same department DeptA?
4) Can I work for Company C thru Company D (some other middle man) in some other department DeptB?

Company C is a lage banking institution with offices allover america.. and has departments in many states. They mostly hire like this thru consulting companies which hire from smaller local companies.. Many ppl said that the 'Client' means Company B, some said that it means Company C's Dept A. Some ppl said It means the whole of Company C all over america. Some said it meant 'Company B's account with Company A's Dept A' ..after all company B could have multiple offices around the country and maintaining accounts with other departmets of Company A.

I am lost here. Any help and suggestions is welcome.

Thanks

I think you mixed up between company A & C , but we get the picture.
Some H1 sponsoring companies take umbrage and have taken some of their former employees to court.
My guess would be that company B is technically your client. So you cannot join B . You can join the large bank directly or through other middlemen except company B.
Consult a lawyer to find out whether the agreement between your sponsoring company and the middleman is binding on you.