H1 cap exempt quota for masters

dharadoll

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody,

I am a silent visitor of this great great forum. I have graduated in December 2006 but my university hasn't issued my degree certificate, yet. Though they have issued my final transcript. My employer has already filed my H1b under Master's quota. My worries whether I would be eligible for master's quota or my application would be considered for general H1b quota as I have not submitted my degree certificate. I am really worried as this is not my fault and my university was very rigid not to issue degree certificate before April. Please, please, please reply....your help is really needed though nothing in my hand now. Thank you

Yes you need degree certificate....my case is worser...I have the degree certificate and my employer is all lineant....so I am yet to file the petition may be next week but I guess by then everything would be sooo over!...

Thanks for the reply...would USCIS consider my case under master's quota and ask for the degree certificate or they would not at all consider my case under master's quota??? If they ask for the certificate, I have it now as my university has just issued the degree certificate but I can't send it to USCIS without their letter mentioning list missing documents....Is it advisable at this moment to send them the copy of degree certificate before they send any requirement???