h1 cancel and H4 status

hmkrao

Registered Users (C)
Hi
My job is getting terminated and h1 will be cancelled from company xyz. my wife just got visa stamped in chennai using xyz 797 form. let me know if she can travel to US and show the documents for xyz company. how soon she should be in USA.

Hi
My job is getting terminated and h1 will be cancelled from company xyz. my wife just got visa stamped in chennai using xyz 797 form. let me know if she can travel to US and show the documents for xyz company. how soon she should be in USA.
---------------at POE they are going to look at H4 visa stamp only and may ask where her spouse is working. if you file H1 transfer through newABC company then she should inform that you are working with ABC company.she should answer only what is asked and better to enter BEFORE your company XYz is going to revoke your H1. if she enter US on H4 and you dont have H1 status then she will not be on H4 status as H4 is tied to your H1 status.

-------------

Since you are no longer employed, she should NOT enter the US until you have a new employer and a new approval notice.

You should be thinking about what happens if you have to leave and not about bringing a family member to the US when you have no job.