H1-B Visa Stamping for TCN belonging to Muslim Countries

smalik

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody

I am on H1-B here. I needed to get my passport stamped so that i could visit Pakistan for vacations. First i got an appointment in Mexico thru Victor but then it got cancelled in Nov by INS then after re-opening of appointments i got an appointment at Canada for January but i am also cancelling that since i talked to the 900 number and they told me that I MIGHT have to stay there for upto 3 weeks for background check. (I was never called within the 5-day waiting paeriod, and my case was OK according to INS) But after talking to them i am cancelling my apointment again.

I am starting this thread so that any one who is a MUSLIM and got his stamp after Nov, Please post your experience here. especially how long it took for the whole process.

I DO know that 3rd Country Nationals who are not from MUSLIM countries have no problem getting the stamp within 1 day like Indians , Chineese etc.

So anyone who knows anything about the 3-week waiting peroid for muslims please reply.

Thank you,
Shahid

Smalik : Please comment

Hello my friend,

I\'m sorry to hear about your situation. If it requires you to stay 3 weeks in canada, you mind as well go back to pakistan and get your stamp there.

In your post you mentioned, "I DO know that 3rd Country Nationals who are not from MUSLIM countries have no problem getting the stamp within 1 day like Indians , Chineese etc."

Did they got they stamp after november? What country are they from? If did they got it thru canada/mexico?

I\'m in the same situation where I\'m from a "listed" country but I\'m not a muslim. I have to go home for an family emergency but the US embassy in my home country has a 20 days wait perior.

Please comment. Thanks

Sorry to hear that man..

Bhai Log
I am a Muslim from India and I too wanna get my stamping done at Canada or Mexico. I am in a dilemma as to what would be the safe and quickest route available to me?
Any help would be highly publicized and appreciated !!!
:)
Thanks
Kiya karoon?

Tung Fong

I know couple of Indian Friends who are muslims and they were able to get the stamp same day in Mexico using Victor Garcia\'s Services after Nov 2001.
So I am assuming that its not the personal religious status that counts rather it depends on the country\'s official religion.

Again any one who has current info regarding the re-entry and Waiting peroid for Muslims please respond.

Thanks,

Shahid

I think srikanthsiva meant....

Hi

I think he meant that even non muslim from a muslin country are subject to 20 days waiting period., which is the position I\'m in now.

TungFong

Tung Fong please elaborate

Can u please give me the details of your position. r u in USA or u returned to USA for your waiting peroid? Which consulate/embassy u went to? What did the officials tell you? Any problems re-entering USA if u are in USA for your waiting period? Any other important details u want to share...

Thanks
Shahid

Smalik : Sorry but I don\'t have much info. Srikanthsiva : Any new info?

Hi my friend,

I am from Malaysia but I\'m not a muslim. I\'m currently still in USA but planning to return to Malaysia for a emergency ASAP. According the US emabassy ( info requested by my sister) in Kuala Lumpur there\'s a waiting period of 20 days regardless of race or religon. I must submit all my paperwork (i.e entire H1B Package including original I-279) to the embassy with my passport.

Srikanthsiva is currently back in Malaysia waiting for his H1 Stamp. Hence, keep an eye on the Malaysia thread or wait for him to post.

TungFong

No Title

Hey Friends,

Just to let you know, Seems like they r taking long time for Afganistan,PakisTan and other few countries . One of mine friend faced prob

I am back in the US of A, But.............

It was a long waitttt.....and very expensive one too....

I reached Malaysia on December 23rd......gave all my paperwork on Dec 26th....was told to come back on Dec 31st......Came back 31st, was told that since i am a male, i have to go thru the 20 day thingy.....they told me to come back on Jan 18th....I got furious and asked to see an officer.......The officer told me that nothing can be done but just wait 20 days.......He tells me that if i submit my passport again on the 18th, i will get it on the 20th. Without double checking, i change my flight ticket to Jan 21st......(I paid a US$150 fine for changing the dates)....I inform my employer that im not coming back on the 8th of Jan, but on January 22nd. The say i have to take a no pay leave....they didnt seem too happy about it. Then while waiting, suddenly i decided to check the calendar to see what day Jan 20th was.....It was A SUNDAY! Embassy was not open. And then i get another shock that Embassy is closed on 21st January too (Martin Luther king), so now i change my flight to Jan 23rd...(another US$150)
And u think all that was shocking!!! Well i was just informed that I have been laid-off! After all that........

My wife is on h-1, how long should i keep trying to look for a job before considering switching to h-4? Is there a grace period?

Sorry to hear your case - srikanthsiva

It\'s terrible. After all that you went thru in Malaysia and then you got laid off. Were you laid off because of this incident? Or your company is just downsizing and you are one of the unlucky ones? I do not know how long is the grace period, if there is any. This link has more info. Good luck to you and keep us posted.
http://www.immigration.com/newsletter/h1bholder.html

handsomedil,

Can you please elaborate on the problem that your friend faced. I am from Pakistan and planning to go over there this summer. any info would be helpful.

sorry to hear that

this sucks - i am very sorry to hear your situation srikanthsiva

what happened after jan 22 ?

did they give u a visa before u got laid off or did they reject your application ?

shahid

any Muslim who would like to share his experience

Has any Muslim Male got a visa stamp from canada or mexico after march 2002. and if yes how was the experience?

Please share your experience...

Shahid