H1 B Visa expiring Port of entry

opensource

Registered Users (C)
My H1B visa (in the passport) is expiring in Dec 2005. But, my H1B petition is valid till March 2006.

Is there a problem at re-entry into US if I travel to India in Sept 2005? Will I have allowed to reenter when my visa is about to expire in 60 days?

Thank you.

You should be allowed to enter at port of entry if you have 60 days left on your visa stamp.

ritu9 said:
You should be allowed to enter at port of entry if you have 60 days left on your visa stamp.
---------- where did you read the 60 days rule/law??? one can enter US 1 day before or same day visa is expiring. Visa is for entry to US. FYI if one has B1/b2 visa valid till July 9, he she can apperat POE on July 9th and will get I-94 till 6 months or less.

opensource said:
My H1B visa (in the passport) is expiring in Dec 2005. But, my H1B petition is valid till March 2006.
-------- (petition is not approval notice PETITIN is filed with USCIS for approval)

***1 H1 Visa stamp expiring in passport on Dec,2005 if you have H1 APPROVAL NOTICE with I-94 attached till March 2006 then you CAN enter USA before December 2005 AND at POE show your valid Visa stamp in passport AND H1 approval notice that is valid till March 2006 AND you will get white I-94 till H1 approval notice, check the date on I-94 at POE if any mistake point it to Officer or ask for supervisor

Is there a problem at re-entry into US if I travel to India in Sept 2005?
-----------------NO
Will I have allowed to reenter when my visa is about to expire in 60 days?
------------ NO, you CAN enter 1-2 day before ( becase if flight delays then you will have your Visa expired, better to reach POE BEFORE Visa stamp expires)
Thank you.

For ginnu,
Seems like my statement about 60 days was misinterpreted. All i meant was that he should be fine at POE since he has ample time on his visa stamp for entry. There is obviously no such 60-day rule!!! Hope no one else was misguided because of this.