H1 B visa approved but no I 94

nimish555

Registered Users (C)
hi,
I got my h1 b visa approval notice but it had a strange message. It said that approval of status not granted but the visa has been approved for 3 years. Also, it did not have an I 94 on the approval notice. I was never out of status.

Actually, I used to work for company A and then left to work for company B and again came back to company A when this situation happend. Please advice me if anyone has come across such a situation.

Thanks

i am in the same situation..mine was a first time H1...my attorney contacted the USCIS and they said it is a processing error...they have asked me to wait for 30 days...next week my 30days wld get over....if i get mine i shall let u knwo .....good luck and have faith in god

after long struggle I recd I-94

It happened to me also, My attorney received my H1 copy with no I-94(according to him, there was nothing mentioned on H1 about I-94).
He contacted INS immediately it seems they said, they will correct it. Which never they did.
After a month again my attorney sent INS a letter stating the same, he never receive any reply.
Similary every month he sent letters for 3 months, he never received any replies.

By now it was well over 8 months, with my persistance attorney filed H-1 again with amendment. At that time H-1 processsing was taking more than 6 months. Then we upgraded case to Premium.
Finally they sent my H1 with I-94, but for 3 years(It should have been only 2years as only 2 years were left of my 6 years).

I don't know any thing like how he filed, what options he selected. Attorney/my employer never showed me any documents.

What does the message in your H1B approval notice say? Mine says the Petition was approved but the extension was denied.

I am in a similar situation, usually they give the reason why they did not issued the I-94. In my case they said I was out of status when I field the H-1 trasfer application, which is in-correct. My attorney advised to file Motion to reopen the case with new evidence. I not yet decided on the course of action. Let me know what you guys planning to do.

In my case they did not say anything on my I 797 why my extension was denied. Did they send the notice explaining to you why it was denied seperately or was the out of status note written on your I 797? My attorney did not have a clue about it. So then i consulted attorney Sheela Murthy. She advised me to go to London and get a new I 94. If you go to Canada they dont give a a new I 94.

nimish555 said:
In my case they did not say anything on my I 797 why my extension was denied. Did they send the notice explaining to you why it was denied seperately or was the out of status note written on your I 797? My attorney did not have a clue about it. So then i consulted attorney Sheela Murthy. She advised me to go to London and get a new I 94. If you go to Canada they dont give a a new I 94.

I got a separate letter explaining why I was not issued I-94. I do not have valid I-94, if I go out of country and for some reason they delay or refuse I can't get into US. My attorney sugested MTR is the safest way, since I have all the documents and I was not out of status during the period sugested in the letter.

Do you know why she sugested going to London?

Hello all..i am in a similar situation as u all are.....when i did not get I 94 i felt that i am the only one..but when i came in this forum i realised there r many like me...anyway i just wanted to let u all know that i contacted my lawyer and he called the USCIS again (after 30days of wait)...they said it was a processing error and they wld be sending me a reply in 2 weeks.......i am not sure what this means...it cld be an I 94 or it cld be a refusal letter...but the key is to get ur employer or ur attorney to contact the USCIS and be persistent....i shall update u all abt what happened to my I 94 in a few days...good luck

No I 94

I got this email from the USCIS today....it says.

we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283

I am not sure if it means they issued me an I 94 or they did not.....i guess i just have to W A I T....

animeg said:
I got this email from the USCIS today....it says.

we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283

I am not sure if it means they issued me an I 94 or they did not.....i guess i just have to W A I T....

Keep us posted after you after you receive anything.

Thanks

No I94

Hello,
today i went to the SSN office and i got my SSN...i went just one day after i got the email from INS which i have mentioned above.....it is amazing that that lady gave me the #....i dont even have my I 94 in hand....i guess it is on its way...shall keep u all posted and hope my experience helps people in future who r in similar situation.

animeg said:
Hello,
today i went to the SSN office and i got my SSN...i went just one day after i got the email from INS which i have mentioned above.....it is amazing that that lady gave me the #....i dont even have my I 94 in hand....i guess it is on its way...shall keep u all posted and hope my experience helps people in future who r in similar situation.

Did you received your I-94.

No I 94

no i have not yet got my I 94....Also i am waiting for my SSN card....hope to get soon....am praying hard....

I came back to usa from India and did not have problems in getting back. Got a new I-94 at the immigration office. NOw I will have to file a new extension. Just hoping that things will be all right. keeping fingers crossed.

nimish555 said:
I came back to usa from India and did not have problems in getting back. Got a new I-94 at the immigration office. NOw I will have to file a new extension. Just hoping that things will be all right. keeping fingers crossed.

Do u have to go to the US Consulate in India or you got the new I-94 at port of entry. Why you have to file a new extension?

I got the new I 94 at the POE. The reason I have to apply for extension is my current H1B visa expires in March 2005. My new I-94 is valid only till my visa is valid.

classification approved but change of status not approved

Hi,

I am currently on my OPT (F1) which expires Aug 2005. My H1 B petition was approved but it says that the petition had been approved for the classification (H1 B), valid from 1/6/2005 to 1/5/2008, but not approved for change of status.

I was not sure if this meant that I will be out of status from 1/6/2005, i.e do I lose my F1 status?

Secondly, does it mean that I sould be fine if I go to india and get me H1 B visa before my F1 expires?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sachi

sachi said:
Hi,

I am currently on my OPT (F1) which expires Aug 2005. My H1 B petition was approved but it says that the petition had been approved for the classification (H1 B), valid from 1/6/2005 to 1/5/2008, but not approved for change of status.

I was not sure if this meant that I will be out of status from 1/6/2005, i.e do I lose my F1 status? -----------------Yes

Secondly, does it mean that I sould be fine if I go to india and get me H1 B visa before my F1 expires? ---------- Or Canada/Mexico if you have MS degree from US ( as they treat these folks better than BS from anyother country )

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sachi