H1-B stamping in Calgary, Canada

sgraj

Hi all,

I am planning to go for H1-b Stamping in Calgary, Canada next month on 19th Jan, 2006
Is there anyone travelling during the same time so that we would be helpful for each other??

My situation:

Came here on F-1 and got H1- B aprroved from oct -2005. I have my H1-B approved on my Bachelor's degree because I have still have to complete one paper from my comprehensive exam during the time of applying.
Now I completed my Master's degree in DEc-2005. WIll that be any problem??
Anyways I got a letter from University saying that I completed my degree requirements. I am hoping that I have to get transcript in Jan before I go to Canada.

Are there any specific documents be asked by Calgary Consulate apart from regular documents.

I would appreciate your experiences from this consulate.

Thanks

calgary administrative processing

I got interviewed today (Dec 28, 05) and was told to come back in 3 weeks. F1-OPT-H1.

Most were routine questions, the guy vaguely looked at my company letter, pay stubs etc. Then he said so you went to so and so school, and he asked me "when did u graduate?" twice.

All was smooth and then he said:
Why did you leave the US to come here, there must be a reason.
I said to get this stamped, he said, no but why now, and I said because I plan on going on vacation soon, which is overdue. To that he said, If you're going home,why did'nt you get it stamped there. I said I could not get an available date. and he just flipped "Everybody gives me this lame excuse" and it was downhill from there.

My only concern is, he did not give me a letter stating the reason for delay or any case# (like some people mentioned yellow slips in this forum). And although he returned my passport, he kept the I-94 part of the I797 approval.

I will try to call them or go there tomorrow, if the call does not work.
Please share any info you might have.

I didn't have any info at this time but wondering what should I answer if he asks the same question or something similar to that...
Thanks for the info.

Sayeed,

Did you have a US degree?

Also were you able to find out anything more about the delay?. It seems strange that they can delay a case without even giving a reason.

I did complete my MS degree in the US and have been working for 16 months since I graduated. Its been 3 weeks since my interview and I have not heard from the consulate yet. When I call the calgary consulate phone number, the voice response menu never lets me get to a live person. At one point the security guard picked up and said there is no way to get to a live person.
If anyone has any information about the calgary consulate special processing, please post it here.
Thanks.