H1 B Out of status Question

Tony_2003

Hi All,

Here's the situation I am in.

I used to work for a company A and then left my job from company A before I got my H1 visa transfered to company B. Though the transfer was in process and I even got my acknowledgment from INS. It was back in 2000 when just the recipt doesn't ensured that you can work for another company. Anyway I didn't work for company B till I got my H1 approved but I used my time to travel and take a break. I was in US only. So for around 1 month I was in US with no job waiting for my H1 transfer. Does that makes me out of status. Also can someone tell me what is out of status. My third question is how does out of status effect your green card processing.

Thank You All.

You are ok.

As long you have a petition pending..you still remain in status. Since you did not work..and canprove this with your start date from the company B and end date from company A..you did not do anything illegal.
Out of status : when you are (for example ) on H1 status and lose your job or the company does not pay you..but your I-94 ( latest is still valid)
Ilegal status : overstay of I-94 with no petition pending.