H1-B is expiring

GC_thisyear

Registered Users (C)
My h1-b is going to expire on November 1, 2007. I have applied for AOS and my i140 is already approved. My EAD application is pending since July 2007.
My questions are following:

1. What is the chance that my EAD application gets approved before November 1, 2007?
2. Should I apply for H1-B extension since i am completing my 6 years by november.
3. Is it easy to apply h1-b extension yourself, as I had my attorney do this for me in the past?

I appreciate any help you guys can provide.

Thanks.

My h1-b is going to expire on November 1, 2007. I have applied for AOS and my i140 is already approved. My EAD application is pending since July 2007.
My questions are following:

1. What is the chance that my EAD application gets approved before November 1, 2007?
2. Should I apply for H1-B extension since i am completing my 6 years by november.
3. Is it easy to apply h1-b extension yourself, as I had my attorney do this for me in the past?

I appreciate any help you guys can provide.

Thanks.

Read this:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=263997

GC_thisyear,

My piece of advice on this is:

1. It does not make any difference if you renew your H1B - if you have completed or going to complete 6 years in a row on H1B.

2. If you do not get the EAD two weeks before expiry of your H1B, you can approach the local USCIS and ask for an Interim EAD. However, you need to produce a letter from your employer that your H1B is expiring and will not be able to work unless you have permission to work.

3. Consult your attorney and ask them to file for expediting the case.

4. Approach your local Senator and Congressman's office to get the EAD adjudication expedited.

Hope you should get it before that time line. I also applied for EAD renewal in July last week and waiting for an approval.

Wish you good luck.

sail1

Sail1,
Thank you for the advice.
We are all in the same boat, however this journey seems to have no end..
I wish you good luck too and hopefully one day we will all enjoy the freedom!