H1-B for banking jobs - info please

seranky2

Hi
I wanted to know if one can apply for an H1-B from India through a consulting firm and then apply as a contractor in a bank for a banking/finance job ? Are H1-Bs only for software jobs ? Also, if it is possible to do so then can one apply through any consulting firm in the US which can sponsor a H1-B or does the consulting firm have to specialize in providing consultants to the banking industry ?

Any information is greatly apprciated. Thanks

H1b for Banking professionals are rare, but are possible. h1B is a speciality occupation that requires a degree and shortage here in US. Accountants, Chefs, Doctors, Engineers and many more are in H1B.
The consulting firm has to have "projects" from the relevant clients in order to claim a demand in an area of expertise.

Thanx for your response. Could you help me find an agency/ employer who sponsor for jobs in banking/ accountants. I am a banker with yeras of experience in all areas including bank automation and computerisation with certifications in IT from reputed institutions in India. I would prefer mainstream banking where core banking and knowledge of IT/ computers are needed.Will be highly obliged for the info.