H1-B extension

ykchakri

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I've filed an extension for my H1-B visa which was expired on September 16th. Now, the receipt date for this extension says September 20th. Does this mean that I'm out of status for those 4 days in the middle (17th to 20th) ?

My attorney claims that he has sent the H1-B extension application on September 8th.

I have my green card application in process and I don't want this out of status to screw anything with my green card.

ykchakri said:
Hi,

I've filed an extension for my H1-B visa which was expired on September 16th. Now, the receipt date for this extension says September 20th. Does this mean that I'm out of status for those 4 days in the middle (17th to 20th) ?

My attorney claims that he has sent the H1-B extension application on September 8th.

I have my green card application in process and I don't want this out of status to screw anything with my green card.

You should be ok as long as the attorney can PROVE that USCIS received the application before September 16th..

proof

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the reply. What kind of proof should it be ? Does FEDEX tracking number will be sufficient ? but the tracking details reflects someone elses name because he sent both applications together.

Jim Mills said:
You should be ok as long as the attorney can PROVE that USCIS received the application before September 16th..