H1-B Extension & Transfer at the same time - timeline?

alicesf

Hi all,

Thanks a lot in advance for any help on my case. Here's the thing:

1. I'm currently working for company A with an H1-B.
2. H1-B is currently being extended by company A (Lawyer got all the necessary documents this past Monday).
3. I got a job offer from company B that I want to accept.

My problem is: when should I sign the job offer and quit my job?
How long does it take to process the extension and the transfer? Can it be done by different lawyers (the one by company A for the extension and the one by company B for the transfer) at the same time? What's the best way around this?
Can I take the risk of quitting my job now without my H1-B extended or transferred? My current boss is pressuring me to take a decision (he knows I have an offer I'm considering).

Thanks for the help!
Alice

Extension and Visa Transfer at same time

Hi all,

Thanks a lot in advance for any help on my case. Here's the thing:

1. I'm currently working for company A with an H1-B.
2. H1-B is currently being extended by company A (Lawyer got all the necessary documents this past Monday).
3. I got a job offer from company B that I want to accept.

My problem is: when should I sign the job offer and quit my job?
How long does it take to process the extension and the transfer? Can it be done by different lawyers (the one by company A for the extension and the one by company B for the transfer) at the same time? What's the best way around this?
Can I take the risk of quitting my job now without my H1-B extended or transferred? My current boss is pressuring me to take a decision (he knows I have an offer I'm considering).

Thanks for the help!
Alice

Hi Alice,

I am in same situation as you were in the past.
1. I am currently working in Company A and My visa is going to expire in 4 months. I got the offer from Company B who is ready to transfer my Visa but in NORMAL Processing , For Premium they are asking for 1500 to pay be me . They want me resign as soon as they get receipt for the Visa Transfer .

Q1. Is this safe to get visa transfer and extension at same time ?
Q2. What's the best safe way I should opt for normal transfer or Premium transfer, taking consideration my visa have max 4 months left ?
Q3. Will it be safe to resign from current position after the reciept, What all the chances of rejection ?

Thanks
love2us