H1-B & EAD

sdevil98

Registered Users (C)
Can anybody tell me if an H1-B stamp is considered an EAD? I currently am on H1-B, but I am filing my AOS app (marriage based app) and on the I-765 form, the very first question is:

I am applying for:

1) Permission to accept employment.
2) Replacement of lost EAD.
3) Renewel of my permission to accept employement.

Which box should I check, 1 or 3? Since I am on H1-B and I currently am working, I am bit leary about checking box 1, since it says that I want to "accept" employment. But if I check box 3, I will need to show my current EAD, and all I have is my H1-B stamp and not an actual EAD card. Please help. Thanks.

~Sam

sdevil98 said:
Can anybody tell me if an H1-B stamp is considered an EAD? I currently am on H1-B, but I am filing my AOS app (marriage based app) and on the I-765 form, the very first question is:

I am applying for:

1) Permission to accept employment.
2) Replacement of lost EAD.
3) Renewel of my permission to accept employement.

Which box should I check, 1 or 3? Since I am on H1-B and I currently am working, I am bit leary about checking box 1, since it says that I want to "accept" employment. But if I check box 3, I will need to show my current EAD, and all I have is my H1-B stamp and not an actual EAD card. Please help. Thanks.

~Sam

Sam:
You have to use option 1, Option 3 is for renewal,not for the initial EAD application.