H1 and OPT problem- please help ! Urgent

fab2000

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I am currently on F1-visa
I recently got a job offer and the company has filed my H1 in april 2006. I will be applying for OPT soon.

My question is - since the h1 is already being processed, will this create a problem for my OPT ?? I need the OPT since my start date is before oct 1, 2006.

Secondly, do i need to submit any details about the job offer or H1-B processing along with the OPT application

Please reply to this question ASAP :confused: Thanks a lot !

Any help on this please. Also how long will it take for postcompletion OPT to arrive once i apply?

fab2000 said:
Hi all,

I am currently on F1-visa
I recently got a job offer and the company has filed my H1 in april 2006. I will be applying for OPT soon.

My question is - since the h1 is already being processed, will this create a problem for my OPT ?? I need the OPT since my start date is before oct 1, 2006.

Secondly, do i need to submit any details about the job offer or H1-B processing along with the OPT application

Please reply to this question ASAP :confused: Thanks a lot !

In your OPT application (I-765),

1.) You need not specify about any Job Offer.

2.) I am afraid, you have to mention about H-1B. The question 11 asks about any "employment authorization" filed at USCIS before. H-1B is employment authorization too. Speak to your company attorney.

Although, I think it is NOT going to be any problem for either your OPT/H-1B processing.

If you are graduating in August, then you have the option of exercising the grace period of 60 days (and still be in valid status). Convince your employer if you found out from attorney that going through OPT would create some issue.